Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What's the difference between chemical pregnancy cramps and normal pregnancy cramps?

(5 Posts)
theclick Sun 19-Feb-17 13:04:47

Just that really. I'm getting very light cramps - no spotting or anything else. Was worse yesterday than today. Is this just a normal symptom of pregnancy? I'm around 3 weeks along I believe.

sebashocked Sun 19-Feb-17 13:25:21

No difference whatsoever unfortunately. I've had 4 miscarriages and one successful pregnancy and the symptoms were exactly the same. Sorry. Good luck.

Foggymist Sun 19-Feb-17 13:50:10

Having just had a chemical pregnancy last week I can tell you ime that the cramps were worse and different than usual af for the first few hours, wasn't even cramps, just felt like I had a bowling ball sitting on my lap. When I was pregnant with my son I had minor cramps and twinges, they are totally normal.

Usually you'd get a positive test after af is due, about 2 weeks past ovulation, which is then calculated from lmp so is 4 weeks, are you 5 weeks pregnant rather than 3?

Foggymist Sun 19-Feb-17 13:53:32

Sorry also the cramps accompanied sudden heavy bbleeding, mild cramps and no bleeding/spotting just sounds like pregnancy stretching.

theclick Sun 19-Feb-17 20:02:47

Thanks all. I am also hypothyroid and as I only just found out I'm pregnant haven't upped my dose. Going to get a urgent GP appointment tomorrow but should I be worried that I haven't taken any higher dosage for 3-5 weeks?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now