Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Concerns after iron infusion

(4 Posts)
Pringle2628 Sun 19-Feb-17 09:06:09

Hi,

I'm 15 weeks and 2 days. I've had a cold for the 12 days. Yesterday I went into hospital and had a 2nd iron infusion during the infusion I started to feel sick but put it down to normal morning sickness. On the way home I was so tired but having woke up at 6am I presumed it was from the early morning. I came home and had a nap and woke up feeling terrible I spent the rest of the day in and out of sleep feeling very nauseous, dizzy when stood up, hot and aching all over.
I rang the maternity ward and they felt it was coincidence that it happened after my iron infusion as a reaction would have occurred during or straight afterwards.
I've woke up today feeling better but still not 100% my body is still aching a lot and I have been sick. I have just had a nose bleed aswell and I never suffer with nose bleeds.

Should I be concerned? Or is all this normal.

IDontLookMyAge76 Tue 21-Feb-17 08:56:29

Did you call your mat.ward again? How do you feel now? Hope you're better xxx

Pringle2628 Tue 21-Feb-17 09:51:42

I didn't end up calling them again I just spent most of Sunday resting and was really feverish Sunday afternoon. I felt much better on Monday and can really feel the effects of the iron infusion today as for the first time in years I don't feel tired already.

If it's not the iron infusion taking effect then maybe the fact I don't feel poorly has made me feel great smile X

Pringle2628 Tue 21-Feb-17 09:52:56

My eldest son also had tummy ache all day on Sunday. So I can only think it must have been a bug xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now