Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sore nipples

(35 Posts)
HappyCrazyTired Sat 18-Feb-17 20:11:26

This is a question for those of you that get sore nipples the week before your period. Did they still hurt the month you managed to conceive or was there a noticeable change?

Sshsecretenclosed Sat 18-Feb-17 22:12:00

I'd be interested in any info on this. I finished the pill at Xmas. I'm on cycle 2 now and my nipples are so sore, I'm on cd22

HappyCrazyTired Sat 18-Feb-17 22:23:21

Cd 23 here smile

Sshsecretenclosed Sat 18-Feb-17 22:25:31

How strange!! I did read that it's the progesterone increase. If conception has occurred they will continue to feel sore, if not it tails off

HappyCrazyTired Sun 19-Feb-17 08:49:07

Fingers crossed this is our month 🤞🏻

frenchknitting Sun 19-Feb-17 09:01:07

I remember googling this when I was symptom spotting.

I found a thread on a US forum with a link to a study that basically said you couldn't draw any conclusions from breast pain.

Having said that, my pain was totally different than usual the month I conceived. More in my nipples rather than the boob, I think. But I was taking b vits, to try to extend a short lutal phase, could have been that.

Sshsecretenclosed Sun 19-Feb-17 09:07:50

Yep and today cd 23 and think nipple pain has lessened

MrsCharlieD Sun 19-Feb-17 11:12:23

I'm currently 6+1 and my boobs and nipple are so painful I'm already in maternity bras. I get nipple and breast tenderness before my period but this is on another level. I don't remember being this bad with ds!

emvy Sun 19-Feb-17 11:18:17

I didn't have any pain in my nipples the month I conceived, more the general breast. My nipples tingled and darkened rather than were painful. However, everyone is different so it's difficult to compare! I also had random cycles so I have no idea at what point in the cycle this began to happen or if it only happened once the AF was missed, if that makes sense.

HappyCrazyTired Sun 19-Feb-17 12:29:06

Mine still hurt,so painful this month. Feel better when I take my bra off a night though not sure if that means anything? I promise myself every month I won't symptom spot but I just can't help myself 😂

Mandraki Sun 19-Feb-17 15:02:22

I would have sore nipples from OV until a day or so before my period. I'm not 7+2 and my nipples (and entire boobs) are still sore and much bigger. It kind of tailed off a day or two earlier than it normally would but then came back with a vengeance and hasn't changed since. My poor tatas! Boobs felt heavier and I also noticed little bumps on my aerials which I didn't have before, I since found out that is a very early pregnancy symptom. Best of luck to you!

Mandraki Sun 19-Feb-17 15:03:11

Sorry that should say 'now 7+2' not 'not 7+2'!

HappyCrazyTired Sun 19-Feb-17 15:43:15

Thank you I've got everything crossed that this is my month. We've been trying for about 9months now but as I'm classed as an "old'" mum I'm beginning to wonder if I've even got a chance at all.

Sshsecretenclosed Sun 19-Feb-17 16:14:44

I just become so negative. Tell myself it's never going to happen etc. My DH asks why are you worrying but we just do don't we!

emvy Sun 19-Feb-17 16:27:42

Partners are never quite on the same wavelength! Sending baby dust your way!

HappyCrazyTired Sun 19-Feb-17 16:34:46

My OH is just happy trying and doesn't seem the slightest bit bothered it's taking this long. Men eh!

Sshsecretenclosed Sun 19-Feb-17 16:44:13

Oh Happy mine too - loves more of DTD!! It's sooooo tricky for us. He even said at lunch today but we're not trying are we, if it happens, it happens (!!) Oh sweetheart we most certainly are trying!!

emvy Sun 19-Feb-17 16:53:11

Ha! My OH said the exact same thing so many times Shhsecretenclosed!

HappyCrazyTired Sun 19-Feb-17 16:53:28

Haha that's mines attitude too,I think hes more excited to not have to use birth control than his is about the prospect of being a dad again. Good job I love him grin

kel1234 Sun 19-Feb-17 16:54:22

I had bad pain in early pregnancy. It was worse when I was cold

Sshsecretenclosed Sun 19-Feb-17 17:21:17

I don't think it helps that I'm just finishing antibiotics too. My tummy just doesn't feel right. Hate symptom spotting!!

Seahawk80 Sun 19-Feb-17 18:26:06

I never had sore boobs before my period but the month I conceived they were really sore. I'd had an internal scan after ovulation as part of tests for pcos so was convinced I wasn't pg and being irregular being a few days late meant nothing. I only did a test because of the sore boobs - am now 21 weeks!

Sshsecretenclosed Sun 19-Feb-17 18:36:56

It's such a mixed bag on here - some have really sore boobs before, some nothing at all. Congrats on your BFP - exciting times ahead!

Sshsecretenclosed Sun 19-Feb-17 21:28:00

And it's only CD 23 but I really feel like I'm going to come on soon. Tummy is heavy, back aches, boobs are sore. It doesn't look good confused

HappyCrazyTired Wed 22-Feb-17 21:43:45

How's things with you @sshsecretenclosed ? My pains easing off now so I'm expecting a visit from af on Friday like usual sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now