Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Opposites pregnancy symptoms

(15 Posts)
Deb85 Sat 18-Feb-17 18:59:54

Hi ladies,
Currently 14 weeks pregnant with baby number 2 and it could not have been more different so far. Been throwing up almost daily since 5/6 weeks and just felt rubbish, moody and look like Casper the friendly ghost.
I was absolutely fine during my first pregnancy and suffered nothing apart from being tired.
Am just wondering if anyone has had these contrasting symptoms and gone on to have the same gender? Just curious as I have a little boy and another one would be lovely.

ColourfulOrangex Sat 18-Feb-17 19:14:09

I'm not sure what I am having yet, have a little boy and the pregnancy was a breeze, this one has been completely different, sick from week 3 up until 18, constantly tired, I am 18+4 now and finally starting to feel a bit human I find out on the 1st March what I am having...will you be finding out what you are having?

Funnyonion17 Sat 18-Feb-17 19:15:55

I was fine with last 2 pregnancies(boys). This one has been awful(girl).

ColourfulOrangex Sat 18-Feb-17 19:56:20

I wonder if it's true when they say being pregnant with girls is harder work then, my son is desperate for a sister

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Sat 18-Feb-17 19:56:36

Me! The first trimester each time has been chalk and cheese... have a dd and expecting another dd in June smile

Deb85 Sat 18-Feb-17 20:05:44

I had the harmony test so could of found out last week but chose not too. Found out last time so thought would try not to this time. Can't believe two pregnancies can be so different! I figured I would just breeze through again #hownaive

KateTheShrew Sat 18-Feb-17 22:51:29

When I was pregnant with my son i had hardly any first tri symptoms - very little nausea, minimal tiredness. Currently 38 weeks pregnant with DC2 and this time I had crippling nausea until 18 weeks, total exhaustion and random nosebleeds (delightful). According to sonographer at 20 week scan this one is... another boy! So IME there's no rhyme or reason to it, every pregnancy is different.

Theknittinggorilla Sat 18-Feb-17 23:02:41

Two totally different pregnancies. First one mild nausea to 10 weeks ish but other than that sailed through really. Second one bloody awful, 6 months of awful nausea, pelvic pain, back pain. Both boys.
31 weeks with no 3, so far not as bad as pregnancy 2 but still much worse than pregnancy 1. No bloody clue whether boy or girl. Think pregnancy 1 was a fluke (or I'm just getting old....)

TheTartOfAsgard Sat 18-Feb-17 23:30:42

All three of my pregnancies have been almost identical symptom wise and the way I've carried. I Have one dd, one ds and ds2 due in June.

user1480264544 Sun 19-Feb-17 12:31:49

My first pregnancy was awful! Suffered with sickness for 5 months unable to eat or sleep! This time round I had mild sickness for 4-6weeks and eating like a horse!! I had a girl 1st.. I find out on Friday with this one! Hoping for a boy! Not sure if it is true but they do say those that carried girls in a study suffered much worse with sickness x

ColourfulOrangex Sun 19-Feb-17 13:31:27

Oh that sounds promising, I'm hoping for a little girl this time and suffered severely with sickness and so so many spots??? Will you let us know when you find out user

user1480264544 Sun 19-Feb-17 13:43:43

Yeah with my daughter I was sick all day everyday.. although funilly enough I didn't actually know I was pregnant until I was 6 months gone blush but I was so sick I didn't think it could of been pregnancy I thought I was dying! (Very dramatic!! I know!) and yeah of course I will I'm super excited grin x

hopsalong Sun 19-Feb-17 13:53:54

Me! Great first pregnancy, terrible (vomiting, vertiginous, exhausted) second pregnancy (now in third trimester). Both boys.

Womble75 Sun 19-Feb-17 14:08:32

First pregnancy was a breeze! (Girl) this one totally the opposite, sickness, anaemia, fatigue, spots, backache, gallbladder issues, horrendous piles (sorry TMI) and it's a boy! If this was my first they would be an only child!! confused

ColourfulOrangex Sun 19-Feb-17 15:48:50

Womble75 that is exactly what I said as this one has been horrible and first was a breeze, can't say I'll be doing it again in a rush if at all grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now