Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tonight - stay in or go out

(6 Posts)
Laura2507 Sat 18-Feb-17 14:55:53

Hello,

I'm nearly 15 weeks. Have had severe NVP since 6 weeks so pretty much been a hermit during these first 3 months.

This past week the nausea and sickness has subsided but I'm still quite tired, dozing off around 9pm.

I've got plans tonight but it's a 40 minute drive and friends I'm meeting do not live nearby so have to drive myself (no partner).

Should I try and go? Just worried about driving back at 10.30/11pm on my own when I've been so tired. But also want to get a life back!

Any experiences with this?

Neverknowing Sat 18-Feb-17 15:14:12

I would go because you'll want to stay in contact with your friends and also soon it won't be so easy to go out! Could one of your friends give you a lift back? Congratulations on the pregnancy flowers

Laura2507 Sat 18-Feb-17 15:52:23

I live in the complete opposite direction so if my friend dropped me off it would add about 90 mins to the end of her night.
I've only just started to feel better and a bit anxious about the late night and the driving (about 30 miles each way) and I set myself back again.
Just feeling so undecided!

Starfish83 Sat 18-Feb-17 16:42:32

Laura, perhaps you could go a little early, and explain at the outset that you're just going to stay for a couple of hours at most? If you've signalled this and explained why, your friends won't be surprised when you say your goodbyes and slip away. Hope that you have a good evening whatever you decide...X

arbrighton Sat 18-Feb-17 17:10:40

I've ducked out of evening stuff if it involves driving as i get pretty tired still at 20weeks, no glowing going on here....

Badgerbird Sat 18-Feb-17 18:34:36

Hey OP don't know what you decided but maybe a catnap beforehand? Def only stay as long as you like and leave before you get tired.

Whatever you do have a lovely eve smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now