Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Slimming world when pregnant

(6 Posts)
Chlo22 Sat 18-Feb-17 13:07:26

Hi all,
I've read a lot online about people continuing to do SW when pregnant and wondered if anyone on here had done so. I lost about 7lbs with it before getting pregnant and like that's its got a sensible approach and doesn't eliminate any food groups and is supported by the NHS. I'm a large size 12 currently but have a BMI of 29 so don't want to put on too much weight with my pregnancy. I'm 8 weeks so still early days but have been massively craving all the carbs and have been trying to be sensible and give my body what it wants without going mad (although I might've had a McDonalds happy meal yesterday smile) Some of my friends have put on 3 or 4 stone with their pregnancies which scares the life out of me as I would be huge if I put that much on. Just wondered if anyone else is sticking to SW/sensible eating xx

Joceshe Sat 18-Feb-17 16:13:18

Im a target slimming world member and have continued going to group theoughout my entire pregnancy. Im 27 weeks and have put on only 18 pounds so far (bmi was 21 pre pregnancy).I continue the plan to keep a track of my weightgain but at the same time i give in to cravings too. Its about keeping that balance. I didnt start gaining actually til i was in my second trimester. Its certainly safe to follow the plan when pregnant and i found carb heavy meals like SW pastabake/macaroni cheese and saving my b choice for bread were my saving grace esp in my first trimester.

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Sat 18-Feb-17 16:19:33

I think it says something about pregnancy in one of your books. They will allow you to continue as long as you have written permission from your midwife. Or that used to be the case anyway.

Pitapotamus Sat 18-Feb-17 16:28:14

I'm doing it (although really badly because I keep breaking it by eating chocolate and ice cream). I put on loads in my first two pregnancies and trying not to put on as much this time. I think my BMI was around 24 at the beginning of this pregnancy (pre children it was about 20) so that's want I want to get back to as quickly as possible after this pregnancy. Slimming world seems just like a sensible healthy eating plan to me.

Lunalovepud Sat 18-Feb-17 19:05:34

I was doing SW when I got pregnant and was about 7lbs away from my first target (I probably would have lowered my target further when I got there). I tried to continue with it but the first trimester carb requirement got me! Although to be fair, I am 15 weeks now and have only put weight on in the last week or so.

Now I am feeling slightly more human I think I am going to try to get back on the SW Wagon but allow myself treats etc... I find it really hard to be too strict with myself when pregnant.

I put on 2 stone 7lbs with DC1 and lost 2.3 in three months before I got pregnant again so I'm not really too worried about weight gain this time as I know I can get such a good result with SW when the baby is here.

Good luck with your pregnancy.

sailorcherries Sun 19-Feb-17 10:40:06

I was 27 weeks yesterday and continue to go to SW group and try to follow plan as much as possible.
You are allowed 2 healthy a and b choices per day, as opposed to 1, which massively helped.

I try to eat my fruit/veg/protein and so on but some days I just can't and everyone at group supports that and understands.

I actually joined SW on week 1 of my pregnancy apparently, and since I've only gained 3.5lbs ... I lost a stone by the time I was 12 weeks due to nausea and food aversions then slowly put that back on. Just recently went back over my start weight at 25 weeks.
I'm hoping that I put on no more than a stone and a half, which seems really feasible as I've only 12 weeks to go (elcs).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now