Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Re-testing

(3 Posts)
emvy Sat 18-Feb-17 12:16:18

Getting myself in a flap today. Can't stop thinking about chemical pregnancies and early miscarriages. I had 2 very clear BFP a week ago and had lots of symptoms up until about 2 days ago (including 2 weeks before I even tested) when they started to ease a little. I'm now getting myself in a state worrying that it'll have been a chemical pregnancy as I have no idea how pregnant I am (I have irregular cycles and haven't had an AF since November but have had negative tests up until my 2 positives). I sort of want to re-test to see if I'm still getting positives but I'm also scared to do so in case I get a negative and then can't do anything about it until next week! Rah! Did you guys keep testing up until your midwife appointments? I know this is normal I'm just feeling quite alone as my OH and I haven't told anyone yet and he's not too keen on discussing every possible eventuality repeatedly!

HN42 Sat 18-Feb-17 12:27:22

I had days where I didn't feel pregnant at first and its natural to freak out a little but the symptoms always came back. Unless you've had a lot of severe pain or heavy bleeding I can't see why you'd suddenly have a negative test. I would suggest you just ring your GP and get yourself booked in to see someone and chill out. In fact if you're feeling well make the most of it, enjoy it, some people aren't that lucky to feel good in the first weeks of pregnancy.

emvy Sat 18-Feb-17 12:34:32

Thanks HN42. I have an appointment on Tuesday with the GP to check blood pressure etc and then have my booking in appointment with the midwife on Thursday. I do need to relax I'm just having one of those days - and it's the weekend so I'm not as busy and can't distract myself as easily! I've always been a worrier and a control freak so I'm finding it all very new and scary. Thank you. I just need constant reassurance I think blush and I don't really get that from my OH as he's very matter of fact. You guys are becoming my saviour grin (I took another test it was still BFP blush)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now