Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Signs of labour

(6 Posts)
Sunisshining12 Fri 17-Feb-17 16:53:18

It's my first pregnancy, passed my due date & booked in for induction in 7 days which i want to avoid! Had none of the cliche signs except - a tiny weeny bit of brown discharge (no more than a 1p size coin sorry if tmi!) and really bad heartburn for the past hour - are these signs or am I just clutching at straws?!

toadierocks Fri 17-Feb-17 17:10:37

Ah alas... the dreaded wait.... unfortunately you may have all the signs and no show of labour. I went to 41 weeks with both my pregnancy's and once things got going there was no mistaking it. Some people will get long build ups and others just go straight out the gates. Best you can do it rest up and eat little and often just in case you suddenly go in labour. Best of luck, it won't be long now x

Funnyonion17 Fri 17-Feb-17 17:16:10

Go for a long walk and if you have a birthing ball get on it. My labour was fast with 2nd as I stayed active during, with first I laid down and was slow

Sunisshining12 Fri 17-Feb-17 17:38:10

What do you think about the tiny amount of discharge could this be a show?

Been walking lots & an hour on the ball!

daisydalrymple Fri 17-Feb-17 17:51:32

It could definitely be the start of a show. Good luck and keep us updated when you can!

purpleviolet1 Sat 04-Mar-17 16:36:10

Did your baby arrive??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now