Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When will this sickness end :(

(10 Posts)
Coreynkayden Fri 17-Feb-17 13:13:43

Im nearly 9 weeks pregnant and for last 4 weeks suffered with horrible morning sickness theres just no stopping it iv tried everything nothings helping when will it end I'm so tired off it now i can't do anything envysad

arbrighton Fri 17-Feb-17 13:19:00

Please go to your gp and ask about anti sickness meds

hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Fri 17-Feb-17 13:29:27

Are you vomiting? I took Avomine tablets which you can buy over the counter but check with your doctor first. They helped a bit. It will end eventually and it is worth it even though I know it doesn't feel like that now.

oliversmummy26 Fri 17-Feb-17 15:50:18

Definitely speak to your GP and get some anti-sickness meds. Are you actually being sick or just nausea?

I've had almost constant all day nausea since about 6 weeks. I will be 11 weeks tomorrow and since about 9 weeks, it's been slightly better in that it's not every day and it's not always all day, so I think the end is in sight.

I did get a prescription from my GP for anti-sickness meds, at about 9 weeks, but haven't filled it yet. When I started feeling better I worried that something was wrong with the baby, so I just kept going now that it's improving slowing...

Rockandrollwithit Fri 17-Feb-17 17:08:00

I know how you feel. I'm 9 weeks too and very fed up! I have been taking cyclizine but it doesn't always help.

One day at a time, that's how I'm getting through it.

mycatloveslego Fri 17-Feb-17 17:20:52

In all 4 of my pregnancies I've had constant nausea until around 14 weeks. No vomiting, but the nausea was exhausting, and relentless. I only felt better when I was actually eating.
I got some sickness (travel) bands from Amazon, and they were surprisingly good.

honeysucklejasmine Fri 17-Feb-17 17:22:50

Cyclizine, definitely.

Rockandrollwithit Fri 17-Feb-17 17:27:19

Just had the joy of being sick whilst 2 year old DS kept saying "what you doing Mummy?" blush

This sickness can't pass quickly enough!

Blossomdeary Fri 17-Feb-17 17:31:08

What a blessed design fault this all is - I cannot imagine what survival of the species function it serves.

You have all my sympathy - it is misery and I do hope it eases off soon.

HN42 Fri 17-Feb-17 17:39:30

It sounds like you probably need to see your GP especially if its preventing you eating or you are struggling to keep food down. I was put on anti sickness meds at 10 weeks and changed to another medication at 11 weeks as the first one did not work. I know how you feel with it seeming like it's never going to end, I didn't believe anyone who told me that it does, but it really does, hang in there. For me the fog of sickness started to lift at 12 weeks, its still not fully gone at 14 weeks as I'm still being sick when I get up but hunger no longer makes me want to be sick and I am eating loads more than I was during the first 12 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now