Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Healthy eating help?!

(4 Posts)
babyunicornvomit Fri 17-Feb-17 10:40:19

16+2 today and already gained a stone! blush

Feel so guilty about it. I've always been a yoyo dieter and used to suffer with bulimia about 5 years ago, so I promised myself I'm not letting myself go back there during pregnancy.
I've been reasonably active - walking 7000-12000 steps a day. I get enough sleep etc. The problem is my eating. I've always LOVED fruit and veg but during pregnancy I've turned into a child, anything bigger than a grape makes my stomach churn. I've never been a big carb person but all that makes my nausea feel better is bread, crumpets and crisps. I feel so guilty sad

Anyone else struggled with their eating and have any tips/recipes for me?

arbrighton Fri 17-Feb-17 11:02:25

I've gained an awful lot already too at 20 weeks.

You're active, that's good, and you want to eat well/ know it's important but we also have to be able to function as human beings so if that means eating carbs for a bit, try to allow it. I know the guilt isn't easy- I don't have a great relationship with food either. But, you know, growing a whole new human: happens without us thinking but DAMNED HARD!

I try to get fruit and veg in when I feel better and find a glass of juice easier if I can't quite face eating a piece of fruit. I've also found tinned fruit (in juice, not syrup) easier.

Remember, it's not forever

empirerecordsrocked Fri 17-Feb-17 11:32:04

The I think it's important to remember that yes you've gained a stone but some of that is increased blood volume, placenta, fluid etc not just fat of that makes sense.

whattodo89 Fri 17-Feb-17 11:50:15

Don't weigh yourself. I'm bulimic and have a 6 month old and the only way I got through, with no bulimic behaviours, was avoiding the scales. Talk to your midwife about healthy diet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now