Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nipples during pregnancy

(5 Posts)
llemma Fri 17-Feb-17 07:44:45

Hiya, sorry to be talking about nipples first thing especially if I'm putting you off your breakfast! I'm 14+6 and over past few days i've noticed the bottom half of both my nipples are really puffy and swollen but top half is normal and then it's gone in the evening. Has this happened to anyone else/ what is it?? TIA xxxx

babyunicornvomit Fri 17-Feb-17 10:23:13

My nipples have been confusing me too! I'm 16+2 and they're very soft and like you said, puffy, when I wake up in the morning. Then throughout the day they sort of get harder and more firm, and they're super sensitive to the cold. I asked a midwife and she says my body is just adapting as the milk ducts are coming in and everything is getting ready for the baby. Everyone is different but I'd be sure you're the same! If you are worried though just ask a nurse or midwife, she didn't ask to look or anything so I'm sure its 100% normal smile

MissMooMoo Fri 17-Feb-17 10:26:37

Yes it sounds normal!
Mine changed quite a lot between 15-20 weeks. I remember one morning saying to my DH that my areolas and nipples were brown! (Normally pink coloured for me, I am so pale!) And he said he had noticed them changing too.

SmellySphinx Fri 17-Feb-17 10:32:06

It's ok, I'm not having nipples for breakfast so hasn't put me off!

Anyway, sounds normal to me. Hormones are great ay!

llemma Fri 17-Feb-17 22:08:27

Thanks everyone. Glad to know it's not just me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now