Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Silly question but worried

(6 Posts)
harleysmammy Thu 16-Feb-17 22:49:38

Hi. Last week i had a bump to the belly, not a huge one, i was putting together his play mat and the foam poles sprung back my stomach when i cut the ties. It took me by surprise more than anything, little shock pain but that was it. However i had to go to hospital for my anti d, the monitored baby and said everything was fine. Went back in today and was monitored and everything was fine (after the baby moving to the other side of my stomach where the monitor couldn't trace the heartbeat and after my screaming and crying they said it was just him moving). They scanned me and baby was fine, i asked about the placenta (anterior) because i googled it and now im paranoid ive got placental abruption and she said it looks okay to her and that i have quite a lot of fluid as she thought i was big for dates. I've never been told i look bigger than dates although baby is always 2 weeks ahead, my fundal height has always been spot on and ive had one too many scans and no one has ever said anything about my fluid. I havent bled, but i've heard with an abruption it can pile up in uterus and now im thinking maybe its not fluid, but as ive never been told i have lots of fluid, it could be blood from the bump? Baby's heartbeat was fine, kicking away on scan and she said placenta looked fine but could they tell if was blood not fluid? I always thought any liquid on ultrasound was black? Ive not had any bleeding or pain, but i have had the odd sore spot by my belly button. It comes and goes and i only ever feel the soreness when im touching/prodding my belly. Like i said, sometimes its there sometimes it isnt. If they've monitored baby and said all is fine, can i stop worrying about an abruption? And can they tell whether the "fluid" is amniotic fluid and blood?
Thanks x

TestingTestingWonTooFree Thu 16-Feb-17 23:43:29

If the person who did hit your scan says not to worry than I don't think you need to worry. You sound quite anxious though so perhaps it's worth ringing your hospital/midwife to ask these questions.

ZippyNeedsFeeding Thu 16-Feb-17 23:49:05

I think it would take quite a hard blow to cause an abruption. Tell your midwife that you are worrying about this and she will probably be able to reassure you.
I only know one person who has had an abruption and there was nothing undetected about it- it was very dramatic! I don't know if that's typical but I suspect it is.

Snowflakes1122 Fri 17-Feb-17 06:49:47

I think you'll be ok. flowers

There was no signs of feral distress with the heartbeat, you have no bleeding and you've had a scan where they would have looked at the placenta.

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Fri 17-Feb-17 08:56:14

Sorry to hear you are worrying. I'm 21w with DD2 and a DD1is getting better at being gentle now but I have had elbowing, kicking, kneeing, full on body slams, jumping onto my tummy... and my midwife said not to worry, that it takes a serious blunt force trauma to have any kind of effect on baby/placenta etc. In her words "being hit with a metal pole" as being the kind of situation to worry about (no shit!).
Hope your midwife can put your fears to rest xxx

Snowflakes1122 Fri 17-Feb-17 10:17:01

That's meant to say fetal not feral!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now