Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Drank out of date actimel

(11 Posts)
user1487279540 Thu 16-Feb-17 21:18:06

Just drank an actimel and then realised that the use by date was yesterday! I think it tasted slightly different ! Now panicking that I will get food posioning and cause harm to baby - I'm just 10 weeks pregnant.

m33r Thu 16-Feb-17 21:20:57

I think you will be ok. I also worry about these kind of things. I asked my doctor about drinking orange juice which had mould on and she said not to worry. Not sure if it's the same, but honestly think it's nothing to worry about xxx

Merlin40 Thu 16-Feb-17 21:25:17

This has made me think - I have never checked the date on actimel! I just buy a big multipack and drink one every morning. Will be checking from now on..

BillyButtfuck Thu 16-Feb-17 21:27:50

I would say 1 day out of date would be fine.

ShouldHaveListenedInBiology Thu 16-Feb-17 21:28:39

I'm sure you will be fine. When I clicked I thought it was going to be months out of date. 1 day will be absolutely fine, promise.

harleysmammy Fri 17-Feb-17 15:24:19

I get so panicky over food but my uncles a food safety manager and a head chef so i always chuck him a text. In my house, food has to be smelt before its eaten because my dad and everyone else cant smell or taste gone off milk for example, unless it is visibly gone off. Only by a day or so but i had coco pops with gone off milk and only 2 hours later did i realize, i panicked (i was first trimester or early second, not sure) but it was fine as its still pasteurized even if it tastes foul. Dairy is still pasteurized even when gone off, although very gone off probably isnt the best! My uncle does food safety for a living and he says things like that are good for a day minimum after x

Lunalovepud Fri 17-Feb-17 15:55:37

You will be fine OP...

In the extremely unlikely event that you are not ok and have the squits, you may feel rubbish for a day or so but the baby will be absolutely fine. Try not to panic - easier said than done I know.

If it helps you to feel better, I am currently PG with DC2. When PG with DC1 I are runny eggs (all I could eat for the first 12 weeks was poached eggs on toast) homemade mayo (without realising at the time) and unpasturised cheese, (also without realising at the time) and DC1 is absolutely fine.

Lunde Fri 17-Feb-17 15:59:42

You will be fine

dementedpixie Fri 17-Feb-17 16:02:09

1 day is nothing tbh. You'll be fine

MinnieNoush Fri 17-Feb-17 21:12:04

1 day is absolutely fine, it could be a week out of date and it would probably still be fine. Don;t give it a second thought!

Branleuse Fri 17-Feb-17 21:13:40

its not an exact science. If it tasted and smelled normal, then its fine. Yoghurts can last for ages after their best before date

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now