Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP or symptoms first?

(16 Posts)
Avocadosmoothie Thu 16-Feb-17 19:49:08

Hi everyone, when you were pregnant did you get a BFP or pregnancy symptoms first?

OuchBollocks Thu 16-Feb-17 19:51:28

BFP x3. Barely had any symptoms at all in this pregnancy, other than a missed period and a few headaches around the 6/7 week mark. When I was expecting DD sickness and exhaustion kicked in around the 6 ish week mark, same with my first pregnancy which ended in MMC.

EasterRobin Thu 16-Feb-17 20:01:43

Symptoms. Lots and lots of crying.

vfoster Thu 16-Feb-17 20:13:37

I had irrational anger, feeling sick and was really tired a week before BFP. The only reason I did a test as I didn't believe I was pregnant!

Spotsondots Thu 16-Feb-17 22:07:05

Symptoms then test. First time and second time was tingly nipples. Third time was exhaustion and extreme thirst. This one I felt sick.

Smurfy23 Thu 16-Feb-17 22:21:46

Symptoms- kept waking up in the night with period-like stomach cramps which was completely new and weird for me

Emma2803 Fri 17-Feb-17 00:00:39

Bfp!! Had barely any symptoms whole pregnancy. No nausea or sickness, not really any more tired than usual. No mood changes, sore boobs etc. Had heartburn and fluid retention as I got bigger and I lost my sense of smell for the first four months!!

annlee3817 Fri 17-Feb-17 05:40:41

I went for a pee four times in one hour which prompted me to take a test as I realised I was late

clarabellski Fri 17-Feb-17 10:21:26

Symptoms then test. At point of test I was 8 weeks pregnant. Periods were irregular so didn't notice I'd 'missed' one. Symptoms were extreme tiredness and nausea.

MissMooMoo Fri 17-Feb-17 10:29:05

Symptoms for me but I was TTC so looking out for symptoms.
I had very sore breasts the first time round and sadly had a MC. I fell pregnant again the next cycle and the sore breasts alerted me that I was likely pregnant again, I got a positive test a few days later.

emvy Fri 17-Feb-17 16:42:12

Symptoms for a couple of weeks but as was ttc tried my best to ignore the symptoms. I was even chanting 'it's negative, it's negative' as I weed on the stick blush. It was positive. The symptoms were definitely symptoms but I didn't allow myself to believe it until I saw it there clear as day on the test. I had painful, swollen breasts, tingly nipples that had changed colour and bloating. Very much more pronounced than the usual pms symptoms!

Rockandrollwithit Fri 17-Feb-17 21:22:21

I had symptoms before I tested - fatigue, sore boobs and I was constantly thirsty. The dreaded nausea also started around the time of my BFP.

emvy Fri 17-Feb-17 21:36:02

Oh the dreaded nausea! (I love it all really as helps to reassure all is going well) grin

knust Sat 18-Feb-17 10:25:36

With my 2nd we had been TTC for a long time so I was symptom spotting obsessively, but one thing I did notice that i hadn't in any of my previous cycles was an odd 'winded' type feeling, but lower down. I noticed this before my BFP but that cycle I had finally convinced myself not to test until the day before my period was due so it's possible I might have had a BFP before.

This time around I had a 'feeling' I might be pregnant, despite dates of DTD making it quite unlikely, so I was testing daily from about 8dpo, again I had the 'winded' feeling and I also had many days of extreme thirst before I finally got a very faint BFP.

cookielove Sat 18-Feb-17 12:43:24

Bfp but hindsight is a beautiful thing and there are some things I think probably would have been a symptom!

powerpuffer Sat 18-Feb-17 12:48:42

We were TTC but didn't think we had as timings weren't great so I didn't think to test until DH knocked my boob by accident one morning and I yelped in pain so tested and got a BFP. I even posted on here about being out this month as I had no symptoms and timing wasn't great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now