Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Jab to the belly

(7 Posts)
grobsmum Thu 16-Feb-17 17:38:50

Probably over reacting but not sure, I was sweeping the floor this morning when I dropped the broom and I carried on moving forward and the end of the handle went straight into my tummy. I hurt a bit but not a lot so wasn't worried, then this afternoon felt a bruise when the broom hit me so now I'm thinking it hit me more then I realise and not sure whether to call midwife or if I'm over reacting?
22+2

harleysmammy Thu 16-Feb-17 17:42:15

I dropped a screw driver on my stomach the other day putting the cot together and then the wooden pole of the moses basket banged me straight in the belly. Im 29 weeks and i had to have an anti d injection. If you are rh negative you need to call the maternity ward and get the injection but otherwise they're so well protected in there, we forget how safe they are. I've bumped my belly a few times and other than having the injections every time, every thing else have been fine. If you're rhesus negative any bump has to be seen too but if you arent, i wouldnt worry x

JessieMillz25 Thu 16-Feb-17 17:42:51

Do you feel your baby yet? My dad just did an emergency break and it really hurt my tummy. I'm also worrying about asking someone but I don't want the midwives to laugh at me. I think I've felt her move since though. Im gonna see if she moves after tea which is when she normally moves. Hope you feel better soon.

SmellySphinx Thu 16-Feb-17 17:48:03

Don't worry about asking a midwife, nobody will laugh at you Jessie especially after being in a car. It's always better safe than sorry. If you've hurt your bump and you're worried then get it checked out. The midwives aren't there just for a laugh, they're there because they attend to pregnant women and babies. I'm sure that baby is absolutely fine, they're very well cushioned but to put your mind at rest, call triage or a midwife, I can assure you they will not mind at all.

grobsmum Thu 16-Feb-17 17:48:53

Yeah I felt the baby move since. I'm laying on the sofa now as that's when I feel most movement. I am rhesus neg, so I'll call the midwife. It didn't hurt when it happened so didn't think it was a big deal!

Tumtitum Thu 16-Feb-17 17:50:51

I'd call, I had a bump in the car when pregnant and everything was fine but I still had an extra anti D shot just in case. Better to be safe than sorry!!

grobsmum Thu 16-Feb-17 18:10:35

Just spoke to midwife and she said it's probably nothing to worry about as felt the baby moving normally but to go in and get checked and possibly get the anti D injection. So waiting for husband to get home and will go in.
Thanks for the advice smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now