Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any tips or advice?

(2 Posts)
MiniBump2017 Thu 16-Feb-17 15:03:23

7 weeks pregnant and I'm seriously struggling with normal life. I feel like my stomach is constantly unhappy. I go from hungry to starving in the space of about 5 minutes, and have to eat right away to ease the pain. But as soon as I eat, acid rushes to my mouth, making virtually everything I eat turn sour. Then I start to feel nauseous (even only after a couple of mouthfuls) and/or pressure on my stomach, and I feel so full and sick that all I can do is sit there and stare into space. An hour later, the full/sick feeling eases somewhat, and then I repeat the cycle with the starvation feeling.

This started about a week ago, and has been progressively getting worse and worse. It's preventing me from getting much sleep as I wake up with the starving feeling, eat crackers, which promptly turn sour... I've been taking Rennies which has helped a little, but only very temporarily. I am barely functioning, and am struggling to get out of the house.

I have had to call in sick which has been tough as I haven't told work yet. I've tried to work from home but even staring at the computer for more than half an hour at a time makes me nauseous.

I know what I'm going through is nowhere near as bad as a lot of people, but I'm getting so depressed being totally useless like this and would really appreciate some tips/advice.

user1480264544 Thu 16-Feb-17 16:02:09

Hiya, my sickness sounds so similar to yours. It won't sound like much use now but by 13 weeks it had completely gone! I'm 17 weeks gone now and couldn't tell you the last time I threw up or even felt nauseas! There is light at the end of the tunnel. Try and keep your food dry but drink plenty of water - toast crackers and ready salted crisps were good for the 1st few weeks.. digestives and ginger biscuits for something sweet. Also don't sit down with big portions keep it small and light! It got so bad for me I did have to take anti sickness tabs which got me through the worst of my days but I would take these as and if I needed to. I really do feel your pain.. I had to tell work at about 8 weeks as I was worried what they may think/say but it was well received and they were happy for me! I hope you feel better soon!! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now