Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Really scared after blood test

(8 Posts)
Amz26 Thu 16-Feb-17 10:55:15

So I had my bloods taken at 11weeks and my Mw just called to say my antibodies test came back inconclusive... I'm getting them redone tomorrow but I'm really scared now 🙈 She told me not to worry but I can't help it.. I just don't want it to harm my baby!! Has anyone else had anything like this and them it came back ok? Thanks

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Thu 16-Feb-17 10:56:39

Are you rhesus negative?

AbbeyRoadCrossing Thu 16-Feb-17 11:01:32

It sounds like they just couldn't read the results and need to re do the test. Or didn't stick the correct labels on or something.
I had to have fortnightly blood tests in pregnancy and they had to re do quite a few!

I had negative antibodies identified at 28 week bloods and they just monitored me closely. They'd phone if it was something like that. Doesn't sound like it is

Amz26 Thu 16-Feb-17 11:03:20

I have no idea they didn't tell me! My blood type O and I used to give blood so I'm sure they would of found it before now if I did 🤔

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Thu 16-Feb-17 11:05:37

I am rhesus negative and had antibodies with all of my pregnancies. Sometimes reaching high levels and still all was good with the baby. . Try and relax. .

astormgivenflesh Thu 16-Feb-17 11:06:43

I had this - (made worse by fact that during blood test to reassure me that I wouldn't have to do it again I think! midwife said these always come back fine don't worry, we only contact you if it's something terrible!!) I got a letter saying I needed more done, spent two days in a panic convinced my baby had 5 heads or that they'd uncovered an incurable terminal illness, got there and turns out they'd lost a vial of blood somehow.

Hope it's all fine, call your midwife for more info! xxx

duxb Thu 16-Feb-17 11:07:42

My first bloods came back inconclusive (I am rhesus negative) but the second bloods taken were fine.

Please try to not worry.

Amz26 Thu 16-Feb-17 12:38:42

Thanks ladies for your replies it has settled my mind a little.. I'm go to try and chill out and if I does come up with something.. I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it!! Thanks again x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: