Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Really scared after blood test

(8 Posts)
Amz26 Thu 16-Feb-17 10:55:15

So I had my bloods taken at 11weeks and my Mw just called to say my antibodies test came back inconclusive... I'm getting them redone tomorrow but I'm really scared now 🙈 She told me not to worry but I can't help it.. I just don't want it to harm my baby!! Has anyone else had anything like this and them it came back ok? Thanks

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Thu 16-Feb-17 10:56:39

Are you rhesus negative?

AbbeyRoadCrossing Thu 16-Feb-17 11:01:32

It sounds like they just couldn't read the results and need to re do the test. Or didn't stick the correct labels on or something.
I had to have fortnightly blood tests in pregnancy and they had to re do quite a few!

I had negative antibodies identified at 28 week bloods and they just monitored me closely. They'd phone if it was something like that. Doesn't sound like it is

Amz26 Thu 16-Feb-17 11:03:20

I have no idea they didn't tell me! My blood type O and I used to give blood so I'm sure they would of found it before now if I did 🤔

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Thu 16-Feb-17 11:05:37

I am rhesus negative and had antibodies with all of my pregnancies. Sometimes reaching high levels and still all was good with the baby. . Try and relax. .

astormgivenflesh Thu 16-Feb-17 11:06:43

I had this - (made worse by fact that during blood test to reassure me that I wouldn't have to do it again I think! midwife said these always come back fine don't worry, we only contact you if it's something terrible!!) I got a letter saying I needed more done, spent two days in a panic convinced my baby had 5 heads or that they'd uncovered an incurable terminal illness, got there and turns out they'd lost a vial of blood somehow.

Hope it's all fine, call your midwife for more info! xxx

duxb Thu 16-Feb-17 11:07:42

My first bloods came back inconclusive (I am rhesus negative) but the second bloods taken were fine.

Please try to not worry.

Amz26 Thu 16-Feb-17 12:38:42

Thanks ladies for your replies it has settled my mind a little.. I'm go to try and chill out and if I does come up with something.. I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it!! Thanks again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now