Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice on traveling abroad (Tenerife) and possibly needing anti d injection

(3 Posts)
Happygolucky12 Wed 15-Feb-17 20:42:31

We booked a babymoon to Tenerife and unfortunately an hour after this I experienced some bleeding so didn't even get home in time to arrange travel insurance. I went to the hospital and was given an anti d injection as I have O neg blood and told that the bleeding was due to cervical erosion. Now I am concerned about what to do if this happens again while we are inTenerife. We would love to still go and will lose our money if we cancel but will not go if too risky. I have spoken to my midwife who was very vague and said it shouldn't stop me flying but didn't go any further than that. Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks.

AuntieStella Wed 15-Feb-17 20:46:34

I thought a babymoon was what you called the cocooning time with your newborn - that's what it's meant from at least 1970s onwards (all part of the Active Birth movement).

Do not travel in pregnancy without travel insurance which covers both you and a newborn,, even if you did want delivery/baby moon at that destination.

Squeezed Wed 15-Feb-17 20:59:40

Some NHS trusts now test the blood type of the baby so you know if you don't need the anti d. I just missed out on this which would have saved me a lot of anti d injections!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now