Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after miscarriage

(4 Posts)
Holsfranklin28 Wed 15-Feb-17 19:47:07

I miscarried in December and have found out I am now 5 weeks pregnant. Safe to say I am stressing out slightly!! I am desperate to be sick so that I know I'm feeling the strong symptoms but so far nothing. I've had a day full of feelings really dull achy cramps and I have it in my head that I'm going to lose this pregnancy too. I am finding it really hard to stay positive, and I feel like the cramps are a bad sign! Anyone have any good experiences and advice!!

Caterina99 Wed 15-Feb-17 20:49:53

No advice but I'm in the same boat. Just waiting for that first scan. It's horrible

Holsfranklin28 Wed 15-Feb-17 21:18:51

We have an early scan booked next Sunday at 7 weeks as that is when we lost our bubba last time. I need it to put my mind at ease a little but I'm petrified of not making it to 12!

Spotsondots Wed 15-Feb-17 21:46:34

Hi OP. Congratulations on your BFP and big hand hold. I have been in your situation twice, most recently when I fell pregnant in August with my current bump (29 weeks ATM) after a missed mc at 13 weeks in March. I also have a healthy 3yo following an early miscarriage.

The early stages are super hard. I found that having an early scan at 8-9 weeks was reassuring both times. The first time I had an NHS scan at my EPAU as I was seriously unsure of the dates. The second time I went for a private scan. It was helpful to see the HB and that the baby was an appropriate size but it didn't take the worry away completely. I tried to live by the mantra "today I am pregnancy" and took every day as it came. I do sympathise, it's a scary time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now