Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant with coil in? Wee bit freaked

(8 Posts)
witsender Wed 15-Feb-17 16:02:18

As above really, have had coil in for 8 months or so. Don't like it and want it removed, but that's by the by. Have 2 kids, 6 and 4...Quite happy with our balance.

Started feeling a bit 'bear' the last few days, just a few odd sensations that I remember from pregnancy before, so in an idle moment today I decided to test, have got a load of internet cheapies from when we half decided we wanted a third a couple of years ago.

Came back positive. Nearly fell off the loo. Am still shaking a bit now. Dug out a few more (thank god for hoarding) and all the same. I've had small periods with the coil, not massively regularly but there none the less. Am presuming not very far along as had a dry spell before Christmas and have picked up since.

What do I do now? Should I be getting it removed? Could it have just fallen out? How do I tell DH? ARGH

MollyHuaCha Wed 15-Feb-17 16:07:43

flowers Make an urgent Dr appt.

Carsearching Wed 15-Feb-17 16:11:16

This has happened to someone I know. You need to see your GP and they will advise. Depending on dates and location of coil will depend on whether they think the best thing is to remove or not. Said friend is now almost term and still has hers in.

witsender Wed 15-Feb-17 16:11:21

I don't know how I feel. Half of me is instinctively excited as babies are lovely, the rest is worried about a potential change in dynamic in the family and DH's reaction. But the coil might cause miscarriage anyway, would I be relieved or sad? Gah, so hard. I think I am pleased in a weird way, just so unsettling. I really didn't want a coil but heard so many good things about them, it was really pushed by my surgery. Now this!

mistermagpie Wed 15-Feb-17 19:34:10

Somebody I know is currently pregnant in this situation. Not to worry you but she was told there was a high chance of miscarriage while to coil was still in and during/post removal, so get the the GP ASAP and have a chat with them.

The person I know had her coil removed about 5 weeks ago, it all went fine and she is now having a 'normal' pregnancy with no increased risk.

witsender Wed 15-Feb-17 21:55:34

Yes, I'm going to make an appt tomorrow. From what I can see up until 12 wks they tend to suggest removal as the sax is so tiny. Hopefully IUD is nice and low!

witsender Wed 15-Feb-17 21:56:29

Told DH, and he was really excited. Shocked, cautious due to the early dates and circumstances, but positive and excited. Phew.

Jadeyquick Thu 16-Feb-17 14:23:55

Hi Hun, well I had this happen to me over 6 months ago, I had had my coil in for well over a year and I just didn't feel right.... so to cut a long story short I was pregnant doctors sent me to hospital where they advised me to have the coil removed, unfortunately I misscarried almost instantly.... I still don't know wether I did the right this having it removed 😖 Anyway I'm 18 weeks pregnant now so obviously for me it wasn't meant to be xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now