Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12 week scan nerves

(5 Posts)
KeplerYellow Wed 15-Feb-17 13:25:29

I'm 13 weeks pregnant and have my dating scan tomorrow. I'm really excited to see our little one but I'm also really nervous that something will be wrong.

As far as I know I've had no indication that anything might be wrong. I had a small bleed at 7 weeks but an early scan showed a strong heartbeat and that the baby was the right size. Still I can't seem to stop worrying! I would be really grateful for any words of wisdom/reassurance?

chelle85 Wed 15-Feb-17 13:50:10

Its hard when you don't get to see what is going on in there for so long! We had an early scan at 8wks and saw a heartbeat but then I had a bleed a couple of days before my 12 week scan so was terrified. But baby was great, measuring a few days ahead and kicking about having a right good dance.

I'm sure everything will be fine and you'll feel so much better when you see them on the screen. They look much more like a little person at 12 weeks than on early scans and we even got to see fingers and toes!

Sparklyuggs Wed 15-Feb-17 14:27:27

Statistically the odds are that you have a healthy baby in there. Good luck smile

Tory1982 Wed 15-Feb-17 15:09:12

I remember this feeling well with both pregnancys , once you see your little baby and a heartbeat all the anxiety goes away. It's a horrible feeling , try not to think about it too much as you will drive yourself mad. I'm sure your baby is perfect in every way x

HN42 Wed 15-Feb-17 22:05:39

Being nervous is so normal, I spent the whole day before my scan feeling like I had butterflies in my tummy. Not sure what I was so nervous about but it was fine and quite amazing to see how much growth had happened in just 12 weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now