Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

20 weeks - pains

(7 Posts)
LauraK1987 Tue 14-Feb-17 22:51:14

Hi All,

I'm 20 weeks pregnant today and put of nowhere for the last 10mins I've been getting some really strange pains. Right down the centre of my bump I can feel a tightening and pain enough to keep me awake but not strong enough to make me cry out....it comes and goes, does this sound like braxton hicks/trapped wind or something more serious? I had braxton hicks from quite early on with my first (5years ago!) but never with pain as well.

Not sure what to do and don't want to wake my bf in a panic - thank you

UnbornMortificado Tue 14-Feb-17 22:52:43

I'd get checked or at least ring the maternity ward. I'm very over cautious after previous experiences though.

LauraK1987 Tue 14-Feb-17 23:02:51

I think it's trapped wind actually....oh god this is embarrassing 🙈 Will teach me not to jump straight in and start a thread in future !!

UnbornMortificado Tue 14-Feb-17 23:06:55

Don't be daft. Your pregnant it's natural to get worked up easy. I went in with shoulder pain with DD2 at about 20ish weeks.

Didn't click on it was off using the same shoulder to ram my stuck front door in blush

Trapped winds supposed to be ridiculously painful, I imagine that makes it easy to panic.

Snowflakes1122 Wed 15-Feb-17 02:52:19

Yes, it's probably trapped wind! This has happened to me too when I was constipated.

Pregnancy does wonderful things to the body.

LauraK1987 Wed 15-Feb-17 06:58:23

Thanks ladies 🙂 It's been 5years since my last pregnancy so I've forgotten what it's like!!

UnbornMortificado Wed 15-Feb-17 07:53:31

I'm on my fifth. I'm still panicking over everything blush

I should really know better by now grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now