Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Home water birth, please help

(8 Posts)
Bellatrixandstrange Tue 14-Feb-17 19:00:37

I'm thinking about a homebirth and have started looking at birthing pools. Could anyone advise, what do I need to get, I've seen a pool in a box but which accessories do I need? Also my dh is worried about the pressure on him to get it inflated and filled is it too onerous? Do they need constant refilling to stay hot? Is it all worth it?! Thanks!

Snowflakes1122 Tue 14-Feb-17 19:15:42

Birth Pool in a Box is what you need.
They supplied everything I needed in one parcel.

The pump to inflate was quick and water filled in it with plenty of time.

I labour quite fast (1 hour from first sign last time) and all was ready in time. Don't stress!

It's so worth it!

Gunpowder Tue 14-Feb-17 19:17:45

I think it's worth it too and I only got in for the last 15 mins (transition and second stage). Can't advise on which one to get as we borrowed the MW's but I loved it!

Batteriesallgone Tue 14-Feb-17 19:32:09

Planning a homebirth too. What did the midwife advise?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 14-Feb-17 19:33:01

Just make sure your floors can take it...

LomboDePorco Tue 14-Feb-17 19:37:51

Pool in a box, all very clear what you need and what's included. I got the underwater torch and mirror as extras but midwives didn't use them and they were returned for a refund. Also had a quick labour but all was fine, pool was kept inflated in the spare room then just topped up and filled with water at the last minute. We worked out it took two "bathfuls" to fill and knew how much time and hot water were required which was useful knowledge. Plenty of towels/sheets and cheap shower curtains to protect carpets. It was a fantastic experience, would recommend to anyone considering a home birth.

Bellatrixandstrange Tue 14-Feb-17 20:21:56

Thank you for all your advice, so if I get the pool in a box I guess I need to get the liner, thermometer, and hose, what else do I need? Also how often did you top it up to keep it the right temperature?

LomboDePorco Tue 14-Feb-17 22:33:56

Yes definitely those bits. We didn't need to top up as I was only in an hour or so. They keep the temperature quite well. You need a bucket and sieve to empty it. Bin bags for other waste. Biscuits for midwives 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now