Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

NT blood results..

(7 Posts)
PuddingPie16 Tue 14-Feb-17 18:11:37

Please can I ask how long you had to wait to receive the results of your NT blood tests?

I know they same to allow 10 working days. I have been waiting 9 now and still nothing! Called the Midwife Clinic (apparently results go to Midwife too) and they told me they were still at John Radcliffe Hospital (not even the one I am based at..). Is it common for them to send to another hospital and for such a long wait?

Thanks everyone smile

PuddingPie16 Tue 14-Feb-17 18:11:52

*say

arbrighton Tue 14-Feb-17 18:33:04

They all get sent off for analysis I think.

Mine was under a week for the letter but as it was letter, not phone call, I knew it was low risk result. Was told up to two weeks though

arbrighton Tue 14-Feb-17 18:33:52

Plus our post seems to take at least an extra day sometimes.

Please don't worry

ellesbellesxxx Tue 14-Feb-17 18:40:34

Ours didn't come for almost theee weeks! Over Christmas mind but even so.. the key thing is they would call you within a couple of days if there was a prob

PuddingPie16 Tue 14-Feb-17 21:50:20

Thank you!

They have given me a number to call if they don't arrive by 10 working days so I will try that if they do not arrive. Fingers crossed that no news is good news..!

HN42 Tue 14-Feb-17 21:59:55

I think general policy is if they give you a high risk they ring you within 3 working days (I got that phone call exactly 3 working days after my scan) so if you've not had that phone call I'd take that as a good sign they think your results are low risk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now