Talk

Advanced search

Drinks with aspartame?

(4 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Tue 14-Feb-17 17:22:33

So i drank coke today and it made me feel better after a wobble of MS. Just wondered if people are drinking things with aspartame in? I can get caffeine free coke or aspartame free but not both lol

raviolidreaming Tue 14-Feb-17 19:06:39

www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/the-truth-about-aspartame.aspx

Unless you have PKU, there is no risk from Aspartame - regardless of what internet conspiracies would have you believe.

I limit my caffeine intake because there is actually an evidence base to that.

www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/limit-caffeine-during-pregnancy.aspx?categoryid=54&subcategoryid=130

Each to their own though - it needs to be a decision you're comfortable with.

Lucinda15 Tue 14-Feb-17 19:44:18

As a general rule I try to avoid aspartame in every day foods. I just prefer to avoid sweeteners. I try to stick to natural where possible, and would actually rather have very few sugary drinks than loads of diet drinks with aspartame. I have been drinking the odd glass of Diet Coke/lemonade/Fanta etc etc while pregnant, as you are right, it's hard to find aspartame free drinks. I just dnt make a regular habit of it. And likewise, I have such a strong craving for full fat coke but keep an eye on caffeine intake if I treat myself to a glass.

n0ne Tue 14-Feb-17 19:54:26

I avoid aspartame, acesulfame and saccharine all the time but doubly so now I'm pregnant. Just drink the stuff with sugar. Of artificial sweeteners, I don't mind sorbitol, xylitol or maltitol. Jury's still out on stevia so I try to avoid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now