Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Carbon Monoxide Test

(5 Posts)
BeccyButterfly Tue 14-Feb-17 16:54:16

Had my 1st midwife app this morning, during which i was asked to do a Carbon Monoxide breath test. I had a score of 7, which apparently is dangerously high. My OH was with me so he did the test as well, he scored a safe 2, ruling out our house and car as the cause. After a little discussion it was decided it must be my job. I've since had a phone call from the MW advising me i either need to change my job or ask for a full H&S assessment.. both easier said than done. Anyone else been through this?

user1468957349 Tue 14-Feb-17 17:19:38

Yes - I think my score was 6. I run a gas training centre so didn't really surprise me, even though all our ventilation is sound. Midwife did say that the highest reading she'd ever had was someone who worked in a petrol station and on the forecourt. I haven't worried that much to be honest and baby and me have been fine. What is it you do OP?

BeccyButterfly Tue 14-Feb-17 17:51:36

That's good to hear smile I work for Border Force, so outside with cars, lorries, buses etc. Am only 9w+2, so haven't even told my employer yet.

user1468957349 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:07:37

Lots of walks in some fresh country air outside of work should do you both fine smile
I made sure I took my dogs for lots of walks in the woods to compensate! X

EdenX Tue 14-Feb-17 20:10:34

Why can't you ask for a risk assessment?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: