Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Carbon Monoxide Test

(5 Posts)
BeccyButterfly Tue 14-Feb-17 16:54:16

Had my 1st midwife app this morning, during which i was asked to do a Carbon Monoxide breath test. I had a score of 7, which apparently is dangerously high. My OH was with me so he did the test as well, he scored a safe 2, ruling out our house and car as the cause. After a little discussion it was decided it must be my job. I've since had a phone call from the MW advising me i either need to change my job or ask for a full H&S assessment.. both easier said than done. Anyone else been through this?

user1468957349 Tue 14-Feb-17 17:19:38

Yes - I think my score was 6. I run a gas training centre so didn't really surprise me, even though all our ventilation is sound. Midwife did say that the highest reading she'd ever had was someone who worked in a petrol station and on the forecourt. I haven't worried that much to be honest and baby and me have been fine. What is it you do OP?

BeccyButterfly Tue 14-Feb-17 17:51:36

That's good to hear smile I work for Border Force, so outside with cars, lorries, buses etc. Am only 9w+2, so haven't even told my employer yet.

user1468957349 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:07:37

Lots of walks in some fresh country air outside of work should do you both fine smile
I made sure I took my dogs for lots of walks in the woods to compensate! X

EdenX Tue 14-Feb-17 20:10:34

Why can't you ask for a risk assessment?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now