Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant 4 weeks after birth??

(14 Posts)
kayleighb21 Mon 13-Feb-17 23:29:33

I had my baby 4 weeks ago. I haven't started back on any contraception yet as my GP told me to wait before taking the pill due to risk of blood clots. Yesterday me and my husband got a bit carried away and ended up having sex, although it was only for a minute or so as I realised it was silly and he didn't finish.
How likely is it that i could be pregnant from it? I'm worried now!!
When did you start contraception after birth?

ListenToYourHeart Mon 13-Feb-17 23:46:30

I don't know how likely it could be that you would be pregnant but if it was me (cause I'm a worrier) I would get the morning after pill.

Unless of course you wouldn't mind another baby smile

Cakescakescakes Mon 13-Feb-17 23:49:26

It's totally possible. I have two friends with 10 months between their babies. Neither intentional.

Finola1step Mon 13-Feb-17 23:49:51

My Dsis has a best friend. Bf is 10 months older than her db. Luckily, different school years but only just.

So yes, it is possible. MAP tomorrow?

Cakingbad Mon 13-Feb-17 23:50:52

Very unlikely especially as he didn't ejaculate.

BertieBotts Mon 13-Feb-17 23:51:00

Really unlikely if he didn't even finish.

Are you breastfeeding? Has your lochia finished and/or have your periods returned?

BertieBotts Mon 13-Feb-17 23:51:30

PS get some condoms in just in case smile

Cakingbad Mon 13-Feb-17 23:51:55

Get condoms in though.

Finola1step Mon 13-Feb-17 23:52:25

Oh forgot to add, bf's mum probably thought it wasn't possible because it took 9 years to fall pregnant with her dd. 9 years and then in the space of 10 months, two babies. I kid you not.

Xmasbaby11 Mon 13-Feb-17 23:53:10

Wow good on you being up for it so soon!

I'd get the morning after pill. You can be super fertile at this point.

WappersReturns Mon 13-Feb-17 23:59:23

My DD1 and DD2 are 10 months apart so definitely possible. Don't rule it out, take the morning after pill if another pregnancy so soon isn't what you want.

Bluebellevergreen Tue 14-Feb-17 06:10:23

Dont rule it out. Unlikely but it doesnt mean not possible

Use condoms

lottieandmia Tue 14-Feb-17 06:17:46

It's not likely but you are supposed to be very fertile shortly after giving birth. If you're breastfeeding that should afford you some protection.

AyeAmarok Tue 14-Feb-17 06:24:22

Not likely as he didn't ejaculate, but possible (my cousins are Irish twins).

MAP probably wise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now