Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain/Uncomfortable "down there" 16+5

(8 Posts)
Ml1091 Mon 13-Feb-17 13:47:19

For weeks now I have been really uncomfortable and I went to dr thinking I had a yeast infection. They have given me 5 pressarys, canesten cream and two different creams and nothing has worked.

I have had 2/3 lots of swabs that have all come back clear. But now instead of being uncomfortable it is actually hurting some times & uncomfortable the rest.

I don't know if I need to go back to the dr for the 5th or 6th time or if this is just something that I have to live with.

Please help.

Ml1091 Mon 13-Feb-17 13:48:36

I forgot to add the pain is mainly inside sad

mistermagpie Mon 13-Feb-17 13:54:21

Can you describe the pain?

Is it like a dull ache or more like a burny/itchy soreness? I've had both. (Lucky me!)

The dull ache thing seems to have been pressure on my pelvic floor. This isn't my first pregnancy though and the MW told me that this is very common in second pregnancies when everything is a bit weak already. I was told it would get better as the pregnancy moves up and out of the pelvis and now I am 33 weeks i can confrim it got much better after about 18-20 weeks.

If its the burny, soreness I have had that in spades too. I have had swabs, pessaries, cream etc etc etc. The swabs came back clear or very low for thrush but my symptoms and the pain were worse than any thrush I have had before. What's worked for me is using the canesten cream religiously twice a day, morning and night, every single day. I've been doing this for a few weeks and things are so much better down there. No idea what is really going on but at least I can sit down now!

Ml1091 Mon 13-Feb-17 14:02:08

Thank you for replying.

Kind of relieved I haven't had this alone. I have never heard anyone talk about this before.
The pain is more like an ache/cramp. But when the pain goes i'm left just feeling burning and itching. I was hoping they would pick thrush or something up on the swabs so it can be treated. Just seems like nothing is working atm.

I will keep just applying the cream I have been given. But I am worried that the uncomfortable feeling is more internal. :/

Neverknowing Mon 13-Feb-17 14:02:30

I had this the whole way through my pregnancy. I had no problems it was just the pregnancy, it made me incredibly miserable but it went away after pregnancy smile

Ml1091 Mon 13-Feb-17 14:12:22

I'm glad yours went after pregnancy.

I cant imagine having it for that long it is making me already! It has been about 8-9 weeks sad

mistermagpie Mon 13-Feb-17 16:38:41

It is such a miserable feeling. I was nearly in tears with it and I've had thrush a LOT in my life so am quite hardened to it. It has got better for me the later the pregnancy has gone on, it was at it's worst in the 2nd Trimester. I'm like you in that nobody can really tell my why it was so sore and just kept saying 'lets treat for thrush' even though my swabs were clear.

Ml1091 Fri 17-Feb-17 15:34:19

So I am now 18 + 1 still feeling the same. Worse today actually. The creams the dr has given me have done nothing.

I literally feel like I want to cry at work today. It feels like cuts in there. :'( I cant take this for another 22 weeks and I guess drs for the 7th time will be another waste of time. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now