Talk

Advanced search

No hint of a bump or anything firm at 16 weeks

(10 Posts)
Libbylove2015 Mon 13-Feb-17 10:49:21

I am 16 weeks pregnant today and have had numerous scans so know there is a baby in there! But if it wasn't for those and the massive boobs, I would have my doubts!

Not a hint of a bump, and I can't even feel anything firm in my abdomen. I am quite flabby anyway (size 16 now - was a 12 before!) but can't help thinking if the baby is now the size of an avocado, shouldn't I be able to feel something?!

Curious. Hoping for a bit more of a bump soon!

RyanStartedTheFire Mon 13-Feb-17 10:52:24

I think when you are plus size it takes a bit longer for it to turn up but it will! An avocado isn't too big yet, I didn't have much of a bump at 16 weeks even whilst I was very slim during my first pregnancy.

daisygirlmac Mon 13-Feb-17 10:53:01

I didn't get a proper bump until about 20 weeks, if it's your first baby you might not start showing till a bit further along

Gooseygoosey12345 Mon 13-Feb-17 10:56:23

I was really skinny first time and still didn't get a bump til 6 or 7 months. Everybody is different. It'll come then you'll be uncomfortable lol smile

user1468957349 Mon 13-Feb-17 10:56:55

I was still wearing my normal size 12 clothes until 24 weeks and didn't have a noticeable bump to others until around 30 weeks and that was only apparent to close friends and family. 'Strangers' didn't start noticing a bump until about 34 weeks. I'm thanking my lucky stars now though cos carrying this watermelon around wreaks havoc on everything else - glad I didn't have it for so long!

crombanna Mon 13-Feb-17 11:37:17

One way I felt the "bump" was first thing in the morning before I got out of bed and needed a pee. Everything is pushed up and you might feel something! But like everyone says lots of people don't show for ages...I'm 19 weeks today and don't have a bump or look pregnant. Unless I eat an enormous meal or push everything out...But that was the same as before!

sailorcherries Mon 13-Feb-17 18:36:09

I'm 26 weeks and still don't have a noticeable bump, I've only gained 3lbs and still fit my own clothes.
With my son I looked about 40 weeks pregnant at this point.

Each pregnancy is different and it's okay.

Bloopbleep Mon 13-Feb-17 18:50:30

I'm 20 weeks and haven't got a bump. Thought maybe it was forming but went swimming today and my stomach was as flat as ever. I have spd and waddle but look ridiculous without the explanatory bump sad I didn't look pregnant until I nearly gave birth with my first so expect I won't be that large this time either.

On the plus side my stomach was back to normal within a couple of days of giving birth.

lazybutton Mon 13-Feb-17 21:09:30

I'm 21 weeks and have a small bump but it's only really noticeable when I'm naked (or need a wee/poo blush!) Still in my normal clothes size 8/10 including my super skinny jeans etc.

Everyone is different as a close friend (similar dress size as me) is only a few weeks ahead & had a proper lovely bump at about 14 weeks x

Creatureofthenight Mon 13-Feb-17 21:12:20

I'm 22 weeks tomorrow, also a 16, and didn't really get a noticeable bump until last week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now