Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breastfeeding and Pregnant

(4 Posts)
missm0use Mon 13-Feb-17 01:46:36

Hi - I've just found out I'm pregnant (somewhere about 4/5 weeks I think) and I'm still breastfeeding my DD who was 1 on the 23rd of Jan.

Is anyone else / has anyone else breastfed their child when pregnant? And do they have any tips!

Elllicam Mon 13-Feb-17 01:56:01

There is a good group on Facebook, pregnant and/or tandem breastfeeders. I fed DS2 all through my last pregnancy, it was ok but I lost my milk supply at about 25-34 weeks. He kept trying though and it has been great since the baby has been born, any oversupply issues have been sorted by the toddler and I have been mastitis free smile

DuggeeHugs Mon 13-Feb-17 12:26:32

I'm also breastfeeding 18mo DC1 and currently 17 weeks with DC2. I'm not really sure what to do.

DC2 will hopefully be an ELCS which means a couple of nights away from DC1. Should I try and encourage DC1 to stop as I don't want upset when I'm in hospital? Or would DC1 end up resenting DC2 if they aren't being fed any more?

If we're busy or I'm not there DC1 doesn't seem to mind not having a feed though - it's very confusing!

FeelingForSnow Mon 13-Feb-17 12:34:07

I did. I was pregnant again when DS was 6 mo and breastfed all through my pregnancy and after DD was born. I didn't have any problems/issues/questions whatsoever.

I took it as completely natural/normal. The only thing my OB/GYN said I should feed my DD first and then the leftovers can go to DS. Worked very well. No-one complained or argued both were very well fed.

All cases are different obviously but if you are healthy, pregnancies are healthy and the babies are healthy then I don't think you should worry about it at all.

Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now