Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shorting pains at 16 weeks

(7 Posts)
MotherofKitties Sun 12-Feb-17 19:54:34

Hi ladies,

I'm 16 weeks and I'm having deep internal shooting pains from my lower abdomen right down into my pelvis; it's always sharp, sudden and doesn't last long.

It's not round ligament pain as it feels different to that (yes for that going on too!), has anyone else had this? Is this stuff 'down there' stretching or something else? Im feeling a bit worried! confused

Thanks in advance xx

babyunicornvomit Sun 12-Feb-17 20:28:31

I'm 16 weeks too and had a few random aches and sharp pains but everything seems fine! My midwife and everywhere online seems to think it's just everything stretching out internally, remember how fast the baby is growing at this point it's a bit crazy!! Should be fine but ask a doctor or midwife if you're worried xx

MotherofKitties Sun 12-Feb-17 20:39:10

I'm seeing my midwife this week and I'll ask her, just feeling a bit paranoid about every pain and cramp that comes my way at the moment! Thanks for the advice xx

Ml1091 Mon 13-Feb-17 16:27:39

I have been getting this too.

Please let us know what your midwife says x

MotherofKitties Mon 13-Feb-17 17:04:48

Going to midwife tomorrow and I'll be sure to let you know what she says! Xx

MotherofKitties Tue 14-Feb-17 17:34:45

Hi ladies,

Update as promised. Went to the midwife today and she said the shooting pains you get 'down there' are a result of, and I quote directly here, "the baby jumping up and down on the top of your flue pipe"!

I think because I don't really have a bump yet I don't think of the baby of having any weight/tangible size yet (even though I know s/he is the size of an avocado now!) so it never occurred to me that the baby could be causing discomfort at this early stage (16 +2), but there you go! Blame it on having an active little tot in there smile

Hope that helps xx

Ml1091 Tue 14-Feb-17 18:14:52

What a relief. Glad all is okay! Thank you for the update xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now