Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Misery loves company. Anyone else 37w+ and fed up?

(125 Posts)
TheNewMrsGeraldButler Sun 12-Feb-17 17:26:45

Apologies in advance, this is a proper moan-fest! smile

I'm 38+4. First baby. Fed up.
Since the start of this week, I've been struggling big time with being so heavily pregnant. I'm trying hard not to rant to people IRL so I've started a thread in case there are others in a similar situation. Poor OH has had an earful lately and he's walking on eggshells. I'm so done with this pregnancy malarkey and just want to meet my baby now!

My vents are:
I'm constantly exhausted
I'm perpetually uncomfortable
Lightening crotch hmm
Can't go far as driving is becoming difficult
I feel like my pelvis is about to collapse
The pressure is causing pins and needles at the top of my legs
I'm fed up of constantly going back and forth to pee
I haven't slept properly for months
During the night, I often wake up needing to change position because my hips hurt
Because the baby has basically run out of room and stretches out, it feels like my stomach is about the rip open
From above, parts of my belly (especially the left side) feel very tender, almost like its bruised
Normal daily activities like cooking and cleaning absolutely drain me
I'm sick of wearing the same pair of leggings and 3 tops in rotation because they're all that fit
I want to eat goat's cheese with a glass of wine

The last is silly but oh well. It doesn't help matters when I had a minor false alarm on Wednesday and got my hopes up but it was nothing. At my last appt 2 weeks ago (36+5) the baby was 2-3/5ths engaged and I've dropped loads so thought something might have happened by now. But nope, still here feeling like an overstuffed tired hippo smile

Anyone else in the later stages of pregnancy and fed up? Please come join me and vent cake

buckyou Sun 12-Feb-17 17:45:18

Hi!

I'm 40+6. Getting a bit fed up now, I was OK but I've been having some crampy BH which aren't turning into anything so giving me false hope!

I'm OK when DH is here but have a 20 month old and I'm just finding it sooooo much hard work looking after her on my own!

I think it does drag more on your first though. Do you have everything ready? x

user1468957349 Sun 12-Feb-17 17:48:20

40+6 and totally fed up! Desperate for a natural labour but induction booked for Saturday if it's not happened by then sad
My gripes:
• people constantly asking / calling / texting "is anything happening yet?" "Is she here yet?"
• foot still under my rib
• ineffective sweep last Thursday
• tried all the 'natural ways to induce labour' and nothing has worked!
• body clock now set to 2.30am wake up
• no comfy sleeping position
• indigestion back with a vengeance
• bladder can't hold more than a teaspoon of liquid!
• back constantly hurting

I could go on but I'm just depressing myself shock

Good luck to everyone in their later stages! X

TheNewMrsGeraldButler Sun 12-Feb-17 18:03:46

I'm sorry you're both having a tough time as well but also glad to have some company! I feel bad moaning to OH constantly and sick of hearing myself as well.

Buck, must be hard having a toddler and being heavily pregnant. Do you know what you're having?

User, sorry to hear a sweep and other ways of trying to induce labour have failed. Fingers crossed it'll start naturally over the next few days.

I'm waiting until Tuesday and then I'm going to try breast/nipple stimulation and will also look into acupressure at home!

Katiepotato Sun 12-Feb-17 18:13:32

38+4 and first baby too. He just doesn't seem to want to come out no matter how much I try and convince him.
Current problems:
- Sleep. Or lack of. Either my back hurts. Or my hips hurt. Or I need to wee. Or I'm just lying awake waiting for one of these things to happen.
- DMother. Constantly telling me baby will be here by X date etc. Well of course he won't if you keep saying that. Therefore if he's late I will be holding her entirely responsible.
- Moving. I am unable to move/stand up/put shoes on without saying "ooh dear dear". I feel like I've aged about 50 years.
- Leaking. 24hrs of leaking discharge (definitely not pee or waters). I'm having to wear a pad otherwise it feels like I've wet myself. midwife thinks it's possibly my 'show' but that means nothing as baby still could take forever to appear.

I promise I'm not normally this miserable. Honest grin

buckyou Sun 12-Feb-17 18:28:38

I'm having a boy this time.smile

Does anyone else find it near impossible to roll over in bed!? Or put your shoes on!?

I've got a sweep in the morning but I reckon I'll go to the end of the week. I guess it's not that long really.. but feels like years away!

TheNewMrsGeraldButler Sun 12-Feb-17 20:17:34

Katie, we are due the same time smile and I'm the same, don't normally complain this much.

Buck, I'm like a grunting walrus when I try to change positions in bed....and putting socks/shoes on for that matter 😂 hope tomorrows sweep moves things along for you!

Picklingaround79 Sun 12-Feb-17 20:46:42

I'm 38 tomorrow and yes, REALLY hard to move in bed at all!

Woke up from a nap today screeching in pain with leg cramps (a new one!) DH came rushing in thinking I was in labour shock

Mostly what's bothering me is really quite painful BH contractions. Every bloody day from 3pm till I fall asleep then again from 4am like clockwork!

Didn't have anything like this with DD1...

lotusisaddictive Sun 12-Feb-17 20:54:53

I'm due on Tuesday and everyone keeps saying 'aw a valentines baby' I fucking hate Valentine's Day and always have. I have a four year old DD who is at school nursery so have to put up with the inane comments twice a day at drop off and pick up.

Also my car has to go to the garage tomorrow because the immobiliser is knackered apparently.

Baby is showing no signs of coming so looking at another induction. I'm a total bitch right now and don't care who knows so there grin

carrotcakecupcake Sun 12-Feb-17 21:06:41

Not quite as far along and you lot at 36 weeks today, but feeling mightily fed up. Pelvis feels like it's being split in two and would love a decent nights sleep. Struggling to stand up/sit down and the indigestion is ridiculous. DC1 arrived at 36+5 and while I am supposed to be in work next week, I'd really like another early arrival right about now...and wine.

Picklingaround79 Sun 12-Feb-17 21:12:57

As I was lowering my massive self into the swimming pool today, a little old lady doing lengths popped over to say "just think of the lovely big G&T you can have once it's out!"

I must have looked that miserable!
grin

MiniAlphaBravo Sun 12-Feb-17 21:19:55

41 weeks today and also a bit miserable. Just ppl thinking that it's so weird that I'm a week overdue and constant texts from mum/others about news... and worried that I'll be induced and it will all go wrong and I won't be able to have my home birth!

This is my 2nd and toddler is 2.1 which can be tiring. Also been having mild cramps which come to nothing and get my hopes up! Had two sweeps earlier this week but not booked for another til next Friday which seems like ages away sad

Imavinoops Sun 12-Feb-17 21:20:41

Pickling Oh bless that little old lady! She must have sensed the tension!

I'm 36+5 so NEARLY 37 weeks. I'm fed up. My ribs feel bruised, baby is on the smaller end so a bit worried about that. She is 3/5 engaged apparently but feck all is happening right now (and it doesn't feels like anything is going to happen any time soon)
I've only had TWO braxton hicks that I could feel this whole pregnancy for goodness sake! Doesn't bode well for a baby in the next couple of weeks imo.
I'm fed up. DP is fed up. We all wish time would move a little quicker and that she would just be here!

AreWeThereYet000 Sun 12-Feb-17 22:26:14

39 weeks tomorrow - had on and off contractions since last Saturday and my plug has gone, but I'm getting nowhere, sweep booked for Thursday so fingers crossed that does something! Head is engaged, just looks like I have a stubborn madam! After quitting smoking the minute I found out I was pregnant I would literally kill someone for the nicotine under their nails right now! Fed up is an understatement hah xx

achangewilldomegood Sun 12-Feb-17 23:04:32

41 weeks today. I Have all of the above. I have actually deleted FB the messages and comments were getting to me soooooo much. Tonight I have really painful fanny daggers and I can hear this squelching / popping noise coming from my belly confused I have gotten my hopes up more times than I can count and I have tried all the old wives tales but baby refuses to arrive. Wish I could just sleep until labour started but alas I can't.

user1468957349 Sun 12-Feb-17 23:16:33

Exactly the same achangewilldomegood tried everything and baby is being stubborn as anything. I've given the Clary Sage oil in the bath a shot tonight as a last resort - really want to avoid induction!

user1468957349 Sun 12-Feb-17 23:17:47

And for those also getting irritated with the constant "is the baby here yet" questions - a few memes I found particularly amusing grin

achangewilldomegood Sun 12-Feb-17 23:20:35

User I hope the clary sage works for you. I have used a full bottle now at this stage.
I can't be induced (first DC section). So I feel on a bit of a clock now.

SpookyPotato Sun 12-Feb-17 23:28:41

Urgh I'm hearing you all! 37+4 here, thankfully have a set date at 39+1 as I'm having a section so it makes it easier to wait! It's been harder this second time round due to having a toddler and not being as fit.. main complaints are:
- cervix bumps!
- painful hips
- constant weeing
- heartburn feels like pure acid coming up my esophagus when I lie down
- belly is so heavy
- so much pressure on legs and pelvis
-getting out of the bath is near impossible!
Come on babies!! Hope you all get relief soon grin

SofsMum17 Mon 13-Feb-17 00:20:47

Hello!! Just joined Mumsnet after years of lurking to start a thread on this precise topic; somewhat unsurprised (though nonetheless relieved) to find there's a current active thread with so many in the same boat! It's rotten isn't it?!

I'm 37+2 with DC2 and TOTALLY fed up, soooooo ready for baby to arrive! Was mentally going "tick, tick, tick" reading all your symptoms up thread... the ones getting me down the most are:

- nothing fits and everything is a MISSION from getting out of bed (or getting comfortable in it!), getting dressed, washing, walking ten paces (let alone up stairs/slopes!)
- Insomnia at random times of the night
- Not having any energy/being able to play with my 2.5yo daughter properly
- Pressure between legs makes it feel like baby falling out but no signs of this actually happening any time soon...

I did have a series of proper BHs this evening which was enough to spur me into action and get my bag ready for hospital, and I've been having dull long-lasting period-type aches the few evenings previous, but it all eases off after a while. I've read enough accounts of even quite strong BHs going on regularly for weeks with no actual labour to know not to get my hopes up! Ah well. These babies are coming out in the not-too-distant, one way or another; just hope it's sooner rather than later for all of us!!

user1468957349 Mon 13-Feb-17 03:32:17

Oh yes ... the insomnia shock

achangewilldomegood Mon 13-Feb-17 03:43:10

Insomnia sucks!!!!!

BirdsInTheAttic Mon 13-Feb-17 04:33:21

Urgh I've found my people! 37+6 here and wide awake after getting up a million times with DD (3) aka the world's worst sleeper (who's now snuggled up beautifully grin )

Letsgetreadytorumbleagain Mon 13-Feb-17 08:54:33

38 weeks today.... I am done! I'm fed up with being pregnant, but at the same time I'm not ready to deal with a newborn again.

I'm fed up with;
- night wakings for no reason
- not being able to get my shoes on without feeling like I'm going to pass out
- pain in my pelvis, which feels likes its ripping apart with every step
- stupid bloody heartburn
- feeling like I'm neglecting my 4 year old
- constant exhaustion
- feeling like I'm peeing myself all the time
- burning pain across my ribs

I don't know how much longer I can deal with this, I should have requested an ELCS (trying for a vbac) at least then I'd have a date sad

user1468957349 Mon 13-Feb-17 09:28:50

I was so sure something was happening last night / through the night - diarrhoea, really intense BH's, hot sweats, major boob leakage - but nothing, now all calm again apparently my body / this madam just didn't want me to sleep 😴

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now