Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I pregnant?

(31 Posts)
Natalie2900 Sun 12-Feb-17 17:25:43

Hey,
I need some advice on tests etc.
I have been pregnant before and my tests got darker pretty quickly I tested everyday for 4 days ( I know crazy lady but it helps me I swear )
So I have tested and my line was so so so faint I could hardly see it, this was the day before my missed period, I have tested two days in a row and the line is darker but no a considerable amount considering my period was due Friday so I am now two days late the line is really
Not strong and this is on test that pick up 10/15 sensitivity.
Is this eptopic or chemical? Or something ? I don't want to get excited and happy about this if something is wrong. I have been having sharp pains in my uterus since yesterday. Is this a good sign?

Natalie2900 Sun 12-Feb-17 17:28:04

I don't know if my cycle is off? My last period was 12th January it was 3 days early. I had a positive ovulation on 29th which was day 19. I thought I had ovulated late as I usually ovulate say 14/15. I actually ovulated what would of been day 14/15 if my period wasn't 3 days early. So am I just 3 days behind in my cycle? My period is usually 31 days I am now day 32 of my cycle.

SociallyAcceptableCookie Sun 12-Feb-17 17:29:56

Are you saying that you're still testing positive but the lines aren't getting darker? I think that means you're still pregnant. The darkness of the lines isn't the best inidcator. It's affected by how dilute your urine is.

EccentricPickle Sun 12-Feb-17 17:32:14

You might have ovulated late.

I was a week late when I tested for my last pregnancy and the test was so faint that I almost dismissed it as negative. I took more tests as time went on and they got darker.

When I went for my scan he put me at a week later than I should have been from my LMP. My periods had always been like clockwork so I can only assume that I ovulated early.

I always had really bad cramping too in the early stages.

Mine's nearly 6 and I had a healthy pregnancy and no problems.

Good luck to you flowers. Test again in a few days.

EccentricPickle Sun 12-Feb-17 17:33:39

I ovulated late, I mean, not early!

Natalie2900 Sun 12-Feb-17 18:00:26

I will upload some photos of my tests this may help. Xxx

Natalie2900 Sun 12-Feb-17 18:00:54

These were the first day when I didn't believe it but could see something xxx

Natalie2900 Sun 12-Feb-17 18:02:26

This was yesterday's which got darker as you can see

Natalie2900 Sun 12-Feb-17 18:03:21

That was the test after an hour but they say don't look at the results after a certain amount
Of time. These tests are 10ml sensitivity

Natalie2900 Sun 12-Feb-17 18:04:29

This is today's.. very faint but darker than the first one I took of this test. This test is 15ml sensitivity xxx

Passmethecrisps Sun 12-Feb-17 18:07:43

They all look pretty conclusive to me.

I am 21 weeks pregnant currently and tested one week after my period was due. The test was about the same shade as your most recent one. Maybe a touch darker but not hugely.

It would seem that you are pregnant flowers

Londonsburningahhhh Sun 12-Feb-17 18:09:19

When was your period due I have never tested myself that early.

Londonsburningahhhh Sun 12-Feb-17 18:09:55

Congratulations brewcakeflowersbear

jinglebellmel Sun 12-Feb-17 18:10:51

They look fine to me. I did the same after 2 miscarriages and drove myself mad! The lines got darker very slowly and some days were lighter ( I tested everyday for at least 2 weeks, and although I understand the compulsion I really wouldn't recommend it). So much depends on the individual test/how much you've had to drink etc it's not reliable. If the general trend is getting darker rather than lighter then I'd say that was a good sign.

Blossomdeary Sun 12-Feb-17 18:11:56

I remember when I was at pregnancy age, we had to wait till we had missed two periods and then take a urine sample in - by that time we were pretty sure anyway!

Hope the news is what you are hoping for.

Chelazla Sun 12-Feb-17 18:13:06

You are pregnant, my test was exactly same- he's 4 in May!!! Congrats!

jinglebellmel Sun 12-Feb-17 18:13:38

And actually the test with the purple end looks quite a bit darker in the second picture. You have to remember that if your hcg was 15 on the first day it might only be 30 48hours later - that's still so low you aren't going to see a super strong line. Congratulations and good luck.

SociallyAcceptableCookie Sun 12-Feb-17 18:16:01

Those just look like you're pregnant. The last one is still a clear positive. Congrats, OP!

Natalie2900 Sun 12-Feb-17 18:22:02

I think if I explain I had a miscarriage In November at 4 months and it completely
Broke me. I want this so bad. I almost don't believe I have gotten pregnant again. With that pregnancy I had really dark lines 4 days before my period. They got darker every day and this was way before my period. With these tests my period is 3 days late. I know I'm pregnant I just hope it's not eptopic :-( xxx

Natalie2900 Sun 12-Feb-17 18:22:47

Oh and thank you all of you for taking time to comment and look at all my pictures ☺️

Natalie2900 Sun 12-Feb-17 18:24:41

well I was guessing my period was due between Friday and today. Because I had a period on day 27 last month I wasn't sure. Usually have a 31 day cycle. Maybe it's because I came
On my period early, and I had a positive opk day 19, my cycle was abit if a mess. When I got pregnant before it was all like clock work and I had a positive 6 days before
Period was due!!! Crazy

Chelazla Sun 12-Feb-17 18:28:32

I really don't think the strength of line means anything with ds who I just mentioned the test was so light and I was over 8 weeks (but never know when period is because I have polycystic ovaries). I also had 2 false negatives during that time. I'm pregnant now did a test at what would have been 2 weeks and it was really dark. I know it's really hard and I'm sorry for what you went through but try your best not to worry.

SandyGEE12 Sun 12-Feb-17 18:29:34

Last time I was pregnant I had a strong blue line, a few days after I was due on. This time I had a week of being convinced I was pregnant yet having negative tests. The last but one I took was much like yours, so I did another one a day later, which eventually showed up as a stronger line. It cost me loads in tests!

SandyGEE12 Sun 12-Feb-17 18:29:37

Last time I was pregnant I had a strong blue line, a few days after I was due on. This time I had a week of being convinced I was pregnant yet having negative tests. The last but one I took was much like yours, so I did another one a day later, which eventually showed up as a stronger line. It cost me loads in tests!

Natalie2900 Sun 12-Feb-17 19:52:17

Having sharp cramping pains now low down, down by pubic area. Hoping this is a good sign and baby is embedding and getting all cosy ready to grow for the next 9 months! Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now