Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I pregnant despite being on the pill

(7 Posts)
FairyMagic7 Sat 11-Feb-17 21:01:41

Okay so I'm on the pill and finished my first pack 2 days ago. Currently on the 7 day break between packs but I still haven't had my period. My boobs are also bigger and I'm so scared that I'm pregnant. I haven't taken a test yet which I should probably do but I'm so scared. My boyfriend and I are at uni and obviously not ready for a baby.

Is it possible to get pregnant even though I've been on the pill?

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 11-Feb-17 21:05:56

Yes it is. Every Contraceptive has a small but very real failure rate.

You won't know until yummy take a test which I would do sooner rather than later as not only can stress cause all sorts of havoc to your body (I swear I had more pregnancy scares on the pill than anything else) the sooner you find out the longer you have to decide what you are going to do.

Fyi you do not have to go through anything you don't want to. You have a choice as to whether you have the baby or not flowers

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 11-Feb-17 21:06:12

Until you

Ffs phone

mrsnoon Sat 11-Feb-17 21:10:27

When I first went in the pill I seem to remember my first period took ages to start. I eventually settled down into a routine of it starting 2.5 days after my last pull, I could almost set my watch by it. I'd take the last pill on Friday night and it would start Monday morning. Take a test to out your mind at rest but stress can delay your period too, the pill is a very reliable method of contraception when used properly.

HeyJupiter Sat 11-Feb-17 21:21:15

It is possible BUT also don't panic as it's really unlikely. My period usually came 3-4 days into the withdrawal week so don't worry after waiting just 2, especially as it's your first pack. In fact I started missing the odd period all together after being on the pill for several years (the combined pill) I took many pregnancy tests during this period but GP said it was absolutely fine. The longer I was on the pill the more frequently this started happening (say 2-3 times a year) and was the reason I came off in the end as found it unsettling. Too early to worry!

BeccyButterfly Sun 12-Feb-17 09:41:54

My period used to take 4 days to arrive, then only last for 2 days! Don't panic just yet, but if you can't relax do a test. x

FairyMagic7 Sun 12-Feb-17 20:47:50

Update: my period arrived this evening. Never have I been happier to have my period 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now