Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Gender scan

(6 Posts)
mum2be2boys Sat 11-Feb-17 16:54:41

Has anyone found out baby's gender at a scan, only to find out scan was wrong when the baby arrived?

I know gender scans are only 80% accurate, just interested to know.

Luna4689 Sat 11-Feb-17 17:13:30

Not to panic you but my friend did! They even had a 4D scan and was still told the wrong sex

mum2be2boys Sat 11-Feb-17 19:10:54

I was wondering if it happened. I was told that baby is a boy (which I'm really excited about) but I have thought girl right from the beginning, had most of the old wives tales pointing to a girl and I can't get the feeling out of my head.

I know that's not an accurate way of predicting gender! When I was pregnant with my 1st (also a boy) I knew right from the beginning he was a boy and there was no mistaking boy bits at the scan!

This time round I couldn't see anything at the scan, even though sonographer said boy.

I'm more than happy either way, but I can't shake the feeling! It's probably crazy pregnancy hormones!

Luna4689 Fri 17-Feb-17 15:50:40

Maybe get gender neutral clothes just incase!? I'm sure it is very rare and it's baby brain talking but better to be safe than sorry!

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Fri 17-Feb-17 15:53:07

I think it is easier to miss seeing something, than imagine it? I.e easier to say girl because sonographer hasnt managed to get a good angle at "her" boy bits... Whereas if you get told boy I would guess that is pretty safe as it means they have seen!

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Fri 17-Feb-17 15:54:24

2 separate scans told me a girl. After 5 db dd was very excited to say the very least. . BIG disappointment to her when another db arrived!! Was a shock I tell you but def not a disappointment!! He slept all night from a few weeks old and we joked it was compensation for the mix up!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now