Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nausea

(5 Posts)
angielou8 Sat 11-Feb-17 11:10:26

So I have finally managed to fall pregnant after a tough time. I had a miscarriage in 2015 and after many months of trying I am now 7 weeks. The past week i have been feeling so sick and retching alot but not actually being sick is there anything i can do to help with this? I am so anxious and worry about everything.

10storeylovesong Sat 11-Feb-17 14:49:20

No help, I'm afraid, but lots of sympathy. I'm 6+3 after 3 yrs ttc #2 and 4 early losses. I can't stop wrenching and feel constant nausea. I was the same with my ds and forgot how relentless and tiring it is.

10storeylovesong Sat 11-Feb-17 14:49:50

Retching, not wrenching!

INeedNewShoes Sat 11-Feb-17 14:52:27

Sorry - its horrid, I know!

The only thing that helped me was to ensure that I never got the slightest bit hungry. I started carrying oatcakes and bananas in my handbag and just having a couple of bites to keep me going. It made quite a difference.

HN42 Sun 12-Feb-17 22:05:58

The retching I'm afraid is something you have to live with. I often find its worse when hungry, particularly on a morning and I get it a lot after eating my breakfast so it sometimes feels like a fight to get breakfast to stay down. My advice is when you are retching or feeling sick try to eat something - sometimes I went with something that gave me a quick sugar hit like extra strong mints or ginger biscuits but I would recommend something more substantial - I was advised to eat carbs when I started with morning sickness. I kept being reminded that the symptoms of nausea and retching were good ones because it means hormone levels are high so I took some reassurance from being sick even though its tiring and relentless for several weeks, so please try not to worry about it, your symptoms are good signs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now