Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 + 4 - pink discharge (sorry TMI)

(14 Posts)
Ladybird1979 Sat 11-Feb-17 10:51:18

Sorry for graphic post. But as above. Seems to be a lot called the midwife unit am told 'it's my mucus coming' no contractions or anything.

Google suggests maybe labour but this is only symptom.

I don't know why but I didn't know what midwife meant by my mucus coming.

Baby seems happy as normal in there.

PerfectlyPosed Sat 11-Feb-17 11:02:35

Normally during human pregnancy, the mucus is cloudy, clear, thick, and sticky. Toward the end of the pregnancy, when the cervix thins, some blood is released into the cervix which causes the mucus to become bloody. As the woman gets closer to labor, the mucus plug discharges as the cervix begins to dilate. The plug may come out as a plug, a lump, or simply as increased vaginal discharge over several days. The mucus may be tinged with brown, pink, or red blood, which is why the event is sometimes referred to as "bloody show". Loss of the mucus plug by no means implies that delivery or labor is imminent.

Ladybird1979 Sat 11-Feb-17 11:05:36

Ah ha thank you much appreciated x

lightcola Sat 11-Feb-17 11:22:43

Chances are you won't go into labour today but it does mean everything is heading in the right direction

Frazzled2207 Sat 11-Feb-17 11:41:47

Don't worry it all sounds normal. It could mean baby is coming soonish. Or not. Best get your bag packed just in case.
If I were you I'd try and see mw to get examined in next few days (you probably have an appointment soon anyway) just to see what she thinks, don't think you need to worry unless it turns very bloody (which it did for me and I was admitted, all fine in the end though)

Chintaria Sat 11-Feb-17 11:46:37

I had that the morning dd was born! Went into hospital to get checked out and they did a test to see if my waters had gone, which they had. I was very surprised as had always imagined a gush, if it hadn't been for the pink discharge I would never have realised anything was happening!
Good luck 😊

Flanderspigeonmurderer Sat 11-Feb-17 11:49:36

This was my first sign of labour. I rang my maternity unit and they asked me to come in. I was checked to see how dilated I was and I think this got things moving along. He was born the next afternoon.

Ladybird1979 Sun 12-Feb-17 13:40:29

Well it was labour little girly arrived in the week hours!

Chintaria Sun 12-Feb-17 13:59:14

Huge congratulations ladybird, what wonderful news ❤️

ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Sun 12-Feb-17 14:17:52

Ah lovely news! Congratulations!

Frazzled2207 Sun 12-Feb-17 15:45:59

Lovely congratulations flowers

PerfectlyPosed Sun 12-Feb-17 21:40:03

Ah congratulations! Does she have a name?

Ladybird1979 Mon 13-Feb-17 13:34:53

Yes she's been called Sophie and is all fit and well :-) over the moon.

PerfectlyPosed Wed 15-Feb-17 21:13:40

Lovely name! That's on my list if I have another DD grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now