Advanced search

Are there any decent unfragranced panty liners?? TMI alert

(23 Posts)
sockgate Fri 10-Feb-17 23:03:20

Mumsnet, please help. I've just been box sniffing in Sainsbury's. It seems like every single panty liner/slim unwinged towel/incontinence towel that promises more than a tiny bit of absorbency also has 'odour control', 'cotton freshness' or just plain old 'fragrance'. I want to yell at manufacturers that it is bad enough having increased discharge in pregnancy, I don't need thrush to go with it thanks.

Please help me with any recommendations. Before pregnancy, Carefree or Sainsbury's unscented worked fine. Now I need something a bit more absorbent blush.

TheLongRains Fri 10-Feb-17 23:13:59

For lack of scent, I like the bodyform range. Not sure how the absorbency compares to other brands though, as I was converted years ago thanks to their unscentedness, so have nothing recent to compare to. They're often on offer too - bonus!

TheLongRains Fri 10-Feb-17 23:15:53

Oh! Wait! I also bought some basic boots or Superdrug ones a while back, that were a bit thicker and also didn't smell. They were in a pink box I think...

RedBugMug Fri 10-Feb-17 23:16:15

Bluebellevergreen Fri 10-Feb-17 23:17:18

I have washable ones. They are cotton and lovely

SloanyAnne Fri 10-Feb-17 23:18:59

Tesco own brand but sniff to check. I bulk bought a while back.

zzzzz Fri 10-Feb-17 23:22:16

Tesco own brand. Ridiculous how difficult it is to buy scentless ones angryangryangry

sockgate Fri 10-Feb-17 23:30:59

This is amazing, so many quick replies! I will work my way through your suggestions. Probably starting with Bodyform because they sell them in my local Sainsbury's and I'm of the age where I can still remember the 'Whooooaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh'...

MrsSlocombesPussy Fri 10-Feb-17 23:58:27

Kotex do a range of towels from slim to nighttime. I find the choice in the main supermarkets limited. I usually get mine from Ocado. I don't know who else sells them.

Lucinda15 Sat 11-Feb-17 07:31:31

I get mine from Aldi! Find them very good absorbency wise, and they do long, unscented ones. Cheap too. God knows why manufacturers think scented ones are ever necessary!! X

JOMH1982 Sat 11-Feb-17 09:27:54

Haha, "woah, body form!!!" Lol!! smile I do too! I'm using them at the moment for the same reason and they're good for me xx

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 11-Feb-17 11:53:02

I'm using Sainsbury's basics ones, they're a bit thicker but not massively long.

AuntieStella Sat 11-Feb-17 12:02:50

Bodyform range is mainly unscented

As is Kotex (try Poundland)

And Wilko own brand (though they might be too small/thin)

Bloopbleep Sat 11-Feb-17 12:03:21

I use Asda's own brand. I never had any problems with odour before they brought out scented fannypads. The smell now makes me gag and you can catch a whiff of their odour control through normal clothes which leaves me paranoid.

savagehk Sat 11-Feb-17 12:05:23

Another vote for natracare. They also do maternity pads (for later!).

RedBugMug Sat 11-Feb-17 12:06:07

and nappies (natracare)

Tesco own brand sanitary towels are unfragranced - their panty liners might be too.

tulip22 Sun 12-Feb-17 20:10:41

'Cottons' (which are normal disposable) from either Boots or Amazon. They also do sanitary towels. They are very good.

missm0use Sun 12-Feb-17 23:13:30

SheepyFun Sun 12-Feb-17 23:26:20

Asda extra long. Though my sense of smell isn't great, so do check!

sockgate Wed 15-Feb-17 23:02:30

Thanks so much everyone. Testing all these will get me through the rest of pregnancy grin. I knew you were the right people to ask!

colouringinagain Wed 15-Feb-17 23:04:30

Bodyform for me too!

NameChange30 Sat 18-Feb-17 09:44:13

Natracare panty liners - you can get them in Waitrose, health food shops and online.

There's also the option of reusables if you'd consider those? I got some and haven't looked back. They're so much more comfortable and breathable than disposables. I got mine from Honour Your Flow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now