Talk

Advanced search

Skull theory

(35 Posts)
Newtothis5 Fri 10-Feb-17 20:27:57

Hey all! So when my friends and relatives have been expecting I've loved using 'theories' to guess the gender and quite a lot of the time I have been right. Based on skull and nub theory. We had our scan today and baby is measuring 12 week 5 days. I really wish I had asked for a nub picture as I can't see it on this pic. I think I am swaying more team blue. What do you all think? smile

TheTartOfAsgard Fri 10-Feb-17 21:21:10

I can see the nub. That's a little boy smile

ricecrispies16 Fri 10-Feb-17 21:22:23

What's the skull theory? And what's the nub theory?!

m33r Fri 10-Feb-17 21:39:54

Based on skull, i'd say a girl - I am usually wrong! I can't see the nub x

mumxof3x Fri 10-Feb-17 23:02:33

I can see the nub too, little boy.

Newtothis5 Sat 11-Feb-17 07:05:03

Ah a part of me thinks I can see the nub and then I can't! grin

Newtothis5 Sat 11-Feb-17 07:07:31

Think I may have to book in for an early gender scan. I am so impatient lol. I have boxes of my little boys clothes that I really want to start sorting out. Either to save for this one or give away! smile

TheTartOfAsgard Sat 11-Feb-17 10:01:36

Have you posted your picture on ingender.com? There are some real experts on there.

Newtothis5 Sat 11-Feb-17 13:08:27

Just posted on there now! I am interested to hear responses smile thanks TheTartOfAsgard

TheTartOfAsgard Sat 11-Feb-17 13:43:03

No problem! This is a new hobby of mine - I never knew there was any such thing as a nub theory until I showed my boss my 12 weeks scan (I'm 24 weeks now) and she told me it was a boy. Was confirmed at anatomy scan!
Good luck with your pregnancy smile

Writerwannabe83 Sat 11-Feb-17 13:49:00

I thought the skull and nub theories were just myths?? I'm excited at the thought they may not be.

I don't think there's any visible nub on my 12 week scan though as it's all a bit blurry from the waist down.

What's the theory about the skull?

babynelly2010 Sat 11-Feb-17 13:59:55

Skull nub indicates girl. Nub parallel to the spine is a girl, at angle is a boy. This one looks parallel. I have a girl and a boy and a girl on the way. My boy scan looks distinctly different but girls look very similar more like urs. one way to find out is gender scan, private will scan and tell you at 17 weeks, did with all of mine, well worth the money.

Newtothis5 Sat 11-Feb-17 15:18:54

That's interesting babynelly2010 I have jut looked up pictures of nubs and now I am thinking that actually it doesn't seem to point upwards and maybe is more girly. We are going to book in for a gender scan! This is a picture of my new baby scan and my baby boy. Boy is on the bottom. I think they are quite different but then again they are laid slightly differently!

Newtothis5 Sat 11-Feb-17 15:20:29

Writerwannabe83 the skull theory is based on the shape of the babies forehead. Rounder is meant to lean more towards a girl and more rectangular is for a boy.

mumxof3x Sat 11-Feb-17 15:59:09

Skull theory is not reliable at all in fetuses but nub csn be very. It's not just based on the angle of the initial white line for a boy, you also have to look out for stacking which sits on top of the nub, this is what gives the nub an angle even when it appears relatively parallel. Yours makes me think boy because it is not as long and thin as a girls nub and I also think I can make out stacking.

Writerwannabe83 Sat 11-Feb-17 17:28:43

Does my baby have a nub??

TheTartOfAsgard Sat 11-Feb-17 19:14:28

I'm thinking boy writer, nub looks like it's rising.

Writerwannabe83 Sat 11-Feb-17 19:32:29

Which bit actually is the nub??

My DH would love a boy! In my mind I've somehow convinced myself that it's going to be a girl grin

DaisyQueen Sat 11-Feb-17 19:50:10

I can't even see a nub! Any guesses welcome and I will report back next week smile

Newtothis5 Sun 12-Feb-17 21:09:30

Writer based on the nub I think I would guses boy as it looks like it is pointing upwards slightly.
Daisy queen I'm not 100% sure I'm looking at the right thing but if I am I would guess boy as again it seems to be going up at a slight angle! smile Definitely report back!

Writerwannabe83 Sun 12-Feb-17 21:24:38

Thanks new - you're the 3rd person to say boy. Which bit is the nub in my ultrasound though? I honestly can't see anything. Is it that random white line amongst the black bit below his leg?

Newtothis5 Mon 13-Feb-17 13:58:44

Yes writer, that's the bit!! When do you find out the sex?

user1480264544 Mon 13-Feb-17 14:35:43

What great scan photos everyone has! 'My baby would not sit still! Just out of curiosity can anyone see a nub on mine? I have my scan next Friday so can confirm then wink

Writerwannabe83 Mon 13-Feb-17 16:01:46

newtothis - I was so convinced it was a girl as this pregnancy has been so, so different to my first with my DS but deep down I know that means nothing.

We can't find out the sex for another 3 weeks yet grin

Writerwannabe83 Mon 13-Feb-17 16:03:05

user - I'm guessing girl as I'm assuming the nub is that thin white line running parallel to the end of the spine in your first picture?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now