Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clear blue digital weeks indicator decreasing....

(9 Posts)
Hanban16 Fri 10-Feb-17 13:07:58

I know you are going to think I'm being crazy but after 4 mcs and a ectopic I'm scared. We had a early scan to find we were 2 weeks behind what we thought (we thought we were 7 weeks and scan showed 4-5) at the beginning of the week I took a clear blue digital at 11pm and it read 3+! Great feeling positive! Today I stupidly took the 2nd one in the box at midday and it's shown 2-3. Now I am petrified. Perhaps I'm being silly. Has anybody had any experience of this as I am going out of my mind! Thanks in advance!

jpeg28 Fri 10-Feb-17 13:12:50

Didn't want to read and run.... I have avoided digitals as much as possible because I know they are not always accurate.
Is there any way you can get your GP or the EPU to run some bloods? Especially after your losses. When I got pg after miscarriage I was lucky that the EPU did bloods to show hcg rising and that sort of put my mind at ease for a while.

Hope all turns out ok!

ellesbellesxxx Fri 10-Feb-17 13:23:35

Please don't let the clearblue tests panic you.. they are notoriously unreliable and midwives hate them! It took until 6 weeks for me to get 3+ reading and that was with twins!

Are you being scanned again?

Hanban16 Fri 10-Feb-17 13:38:17

Yes I am being scanned again on Tuesday which will be 2 weeks from the last. I just feel like it's taking over my life! It's such a horrible feeling and I can't relax. Surely my hcg levels shouldn't have dropped in 3 days. sad

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Fri 10-Feb-17 14:40:38

Clear Blue Digital sticks aren't accurate, and peeing at different times of the day can mess about with results even if you happened to get an accurate pair of sticks.

I can't tell you not to worry, but I can tell you that this in and of itself is no cause for concern. flowers

Brenna24 Fri 10-Feb-17 14:43:37

It might not be that your HCG levels have dropped, your urine may just have been more dilute the second time. As others have said those tests are not always accurate and often not because your HCG is fluctuating but for other reasons. I know how you feel, I have never managed to carry past 11 weeks and should I ever get and stay pregnant i won't relax all the way through. I hope everything is fine on Tuesday. flowers

BertieBotts Fri 10-Feb-17 14:45:00

They are not reliable. Please don't take this as an indication your hCG levels are dropping, because it's really common for the tests to pick them up wrongly. It's also really common for scans to show that you're earlier than you thought, it's not necessarily a bad sign.

The only way to find out your actual hCG level is by having a blood test. Unless you're bleeding, try to take it one day at a time. "Today, I am pregnant". It's only three days until your scan.

Whyarealltheusernamestaken Fri 10-Feb-17 16:09:57

Hi

I'm not that experienced as this is my first pregnancy

However I took two clear blue digital tests a couple of hours apart (I was shocked and didn't trust the first one!). The first said 3+ and the second said 2-3, despite only a couple of hours passing. I guess its down the the time of day and concentration of your urine

Good luck with your scan ):

emmalt85 Sat 08-Jul-17 15:19:43

I am 5 weeks from lmp but Clearblue digital is still saying 1-2 weeks when it should be at least 2-3 or 3+ by now. I had 2 miscarriages last year and I am so worried it is happening all over again... i cant help feeling so stressed at the minute 😭

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now