Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

hand still sore from cannula 2 weeks ago

(9 Posts)
thecatsarecrazy Fri 10-Feb-17 09:07:21

I had a drip when I was induced 2 weeks ago and still have a bruise on my hand and still sore. Should I be worried?

stephanieann16 Fri 10-Feb-17 11:38:14

I had a cannula that 'tracked' o think they said. They took it out and put it on my other hand. But mine hurt for a few weeks after too. I believe it's your vain the brusied. I'm sure is okey if your worried you should talk to someone about it smile
Good luck

Crumbs1 Fri 10-Feb-17 11:42:03

Really? A two week old bruise is worrying you? I would have bought with a new baby you would have more important things to think about, to be honest.

Squidgling Fri 10-Feb-17 11:45:59

Really Crumbs1? So once you have a baby you can't possibly ever give anything not relating to the baby a second thought and must spend every waking second focused on the baby? Op has said it is still sore 2 weeks later, I would notice that too and probably mention it to a gp to check if it was normal.

dangle90 Fri 10-Feb-17 13:59:16

I put cannulars in for a living and it's nothing to be worried about it will just be a tender bruise smile x

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 10-Feb-17 14:56:43

I don't think it's anything to be worried about. I had one with dc4 & I it bloody hurt for a good while after. Out of that whole labour the pain of that cannula going in is still vivid. I've had them before & they've never hurt like that. It was the placement of it I think.

Snowflakes1122 Fri 10-Feb-17 15:00:14

My cannula hurt quite a while after I had mine. So painful when I had to sleep with it in!
I wouldn't worry too much, those veins on the back of your hand are sensitive.
Congratulations on your new baby. smile
Crumbs-do cheer up, it's Friday! grin

thecatsarecrazy Fri 10-Feb-17 20:36:41

Actually crumbs my son is in hospital so I do have other things to worry about but during a quiet period I thought I would ask

mumxof3x Fri 10-Feb-17 21:02:56

Yes normal. I had quite alot of cannulas in when I had dd and a couple of them was sore for a few weeks. Hope your son is ok flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now