Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Is this a positive or evaporation line

(44 Posts)
Natalie2900 Fri 10-Feb-17 08:44:14

Hi, so I have taken a test today after 3 days of negatives. Period is due today or Sunday I ovulated late so have struggled knowing when to test. I took this test today its 10mul sensitivity and it looks like there's a line or is it evaporation line? I also took another test 15mul and there was no line if I stared enough I thought I could see a line.. but I think I'm making myself crazy!! Anyway take a look let me know. Also I got s Positive day 19 so maybe ovulated day 20 and today I am day 30 of my cycle.

wingingitmomma Fri 10-Feb-17 08:50:14

If that line showed up in the allotted time
And the rest was taken correctly I would say it's positive! I am terrible with pregnancy tests for some reason only pink dye tests work for me. I have NEVER had a clear blue test tell me I'm pregnant even when I was 3 months gone! But that does look positive there defiantly some colour to that line usually evap lines are grey! Pg tests used to drive me crazy aswell I used to obsess over them I think at one point I was addicted to doing them like people are addicted to buying scratch cards for me it was pg tests lol

wingingitmomma Fri 10-Feb-17 08:50:59

That's definitely positive to me!

glitternsparkles Fri 10-Feb-17 10:35:55

Definitely looks like a positive 😊

Cosmicbird Fri 10-Feb-17 10:37:46

Looks positive, evap line wouldn't be pink I don't think!

Natalie2900 Fri 10-Feb-17 11:23:54

I just worry that it should be a lot darker considering my period is due now I expected it to be darker. I lost a baby in November I was 3 months and the pregnancy test I got for that was a strong and positive around this time. I don't want my hopes to be up!xxx

wingingitmomma Fri 10-Feb-17 12:15:53

Retest in a couple of days I know it's hard but otherwise you could be just throwing money a way. The cheaper tests work better in my experience. You may of ovulated later

jmariehac Fri 10-Feb-17 13:34:25

I agree looks positive. Good luck xc

JJ1612 Fri 10-Feb-17 15:02:45

I took a number of tests when I found out I was pregnant (just to make sure) and some lines were fainter,some were darker. Even when I was over 3 days late.

Funnyonion17 Fri 10-Feb-17 15:10:02

With my first I didn't get a positive till 2 weeks late. Looks positive, try another in morning

Natalie2900 Fri 10-Feb-17 17:30:11

How hard is it to wait a couple
Of days though. My partner won't let me buy anymore tests! I could of brought a baby with the amount of money I have spent on tests haha!
I will keep my fingers crossed. I usually
Ovulate on da my 14 of a 31 day cycle but since my d&c my cycles are different so my period started on the 27th 3 days early and I ovulated on day 19/20
But I actually ovulated when I should of if I have started my period started when it was supposed to if it wasn't 3 days late. Does they make
Sense? God I hope I really
Am pregnant!! All day my boobs have been tingling so much!! And I have been so so so hungry! When usually I have quite a strict healthy diet today I can't stop eating!!!!

Jellybabie3 Fri 10-Feb-17 17:41:04

Looks positive to me smile i tried lots of tests when leading up to AF date and the only one that was + was a clear blue. However, some of the other brands didnt show even a faint line until 3-5 days past AF. I am now 8 weeks tomorrow grin think the strength of the line depends on a lot of factors. Congrats flowers

Natalie2900 Fri 10-Feb-17 18:10:23

This is the other test which is less sensitive, and I mean I feel like I'm clutching at straws here the line is ridiculously faint!! I think I may be going
Made but I see something there!

Natalie2900 Fri 10-Feb-17 18:13:33

Going mad I mean!

IndianaMoleWoman Fri 10-Feb-17 18:22:36

I can see lines on all of your tests. Good luck!

JustSpeakSense Fri 10-Feb-17 18:39:21

I can see lines too!

Natalie2900 Sat 11-Feb-17 13:26:25

Have just taken this one today, is that any darker? I'm panicking because it's not getting any darker? Still no period also. Xxx

Natalie2900 Sat 11-Feb-17 13:28:59

This one is more clear I think. Xxx

SarahOoo Sat 11-Feb-17 13:56:40

STOP TESTING!! You're clearly going nuts! Wait for your missed period first, NEVER test before then, even if your confused over ovulation dates.

I say this from experience! When I did find out I was pregnant I waited for my missed period and then tested....it was much kinder on my mental state. Please do the same. Don't use the cheapies, go get a Clear Blue AFTER you miss your period.

jmariehac Sat 11-Feb-17 16:12:13

Defo a line there smile

Natalie2900 Mon 13-Feb-17 09:23:05

So this is this mornings, and before I get told off for testing. It was a pack of two and I wanted to see if in 48 hours it's changed. Still faint for being past my period now so will have to just wait and see! Xxx

babyroo1 Mon 13-Feb-17 09:29:38

My tests were like yours even 5 days after I was due my period but did also get a + sign on a Superdrug digital so knew I was for sure. I'm 38+5 today so for me faint definitely meant pregnant. Good luck!

blondie1234568 Mon 13-Feb-17 16:00:51

Nothing faint about that...huge BFP!
Congrats!! flowers

MissMooMoo Mon 13-Feb-17 16:46:52

Def a BFP! Mine started out like that too and im currently 26+5 smile

SelfObsessionHoney Mon 13-Feb-17 16:51:53

A line is a line, the faintness doesn't matter.
There's a bun in your oven!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: