Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Second trimester - hand holding

(8 Posts)
Gardenbirdy Fri 10-Feb-17 07:35:00

Since I conceived my boobs have felt like footballs - I'm now 16 wks and for the past few days they feel like they're back to normal again. Is this normal?
I had 2 early miscarriages last year so I'm feeling very paranoid about everything, trying not to freak out even though I've no reason to think anything is wrong. It's so hard.

wingingitmomma Fri 10-Feb-17 07:45:14

It can be quite normal for breast tenderness to settle down at this stage but it will come back.. MY GOD IT WILL COME BACK!

This happened to me when I was pregnant with my DD and I was panicking having suffered 2 miscarriages previous. At this stage in the pregnancy a miscarriage would usually announce itself it a much more extreme way however if you are worried please go and get checked and always trust your gut feeling!

Gardenbirdy Fri 10-Feb-17 11:20:01

Thank you wingingit, that's what I needed to hear :-)

arbrighton Fri 10-Feb-17 12:00:42

My boobs calmed down for a couple of weeks at about 14 weeks. Sadly they're back to being tender and growing more (ENOUGH NOW!) at just coming up to 20 weeks

JessieMillz25 Fri 10-Feb-17 12:59:28

I'm 29 weeks and my boobs haven't changed one bit! I'm always surprised on here when people talk so much about them. That must be the one symptom I escaped.

sherbertlemon17 Fri 10-Feb-17 19:46:44

In my first pregnancy my boobs started to settle at around 10weeks and the tenderness didn't return until my milk came in after birth! Try not to worry lovely (easier said than done I know!) flowers

savagehk Fri 10-Feb-17 19:52:46

I remember the wait between 12w and 20w from my first pregnancy, aside from the bump almost all symptoms vanished! It's much better once you can feel movement, but that's normally past 20w for first babies.

haveacupoftea Fri 10-Feb-17 20:03:15

Yeah! Mine went back to normal around 8 weeks I think. I'm 24 weeks now and they're still not that level of PMS type tenderness but I do get the odd shooty needle pain feeling a couple of times a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now