Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hit to the belly - 28 weeks

(8 Posts)
harleysmammy Thu 09-Feb-17 18:12:53

I was putting together the play mat and the things that go over the top of the mat to hang the toys on were held together with zip wires. I didnt know the poles were foam and would spring out but when i cut the zip wire, the foam poles sprung at my belly in the bottom corner of my bump. I cant decide if it hurt because it took me by surprise or whether it actually hurt. The baby kicked afterwards for about 5/10 minutes as if i'd woken him up or he was shocked but he's gone quiet again now. It really wasnt a full force hit it was just a foam pole springing back onto my belly suddenly. Will he be okay? He's normally quiet ish around now so i cant say the hit is the reason he isnt moving and he did move straight after for a while but will he be okay or have i hurt hom?

Ice cold drink, whatever other tricks you usually have to get him moving - but if you're concerned at all, call your midwife. There's a reason there are campaigns like Kicks Count smile I'm sure everything is fine, but if you're worried, rather than stressing it's always best to get checked out.

Are you rhesus negative? I am and I was told any knocks to the tummy in pregnancy had to be checked out because of the risk of bleeding. If you're concerned, even just a call to the midwife for reassurance might put you at ease smile

BillyButtfuck Thu 09-Feb-17 18:19:25

Do you mean this sort of thing?
Mine hit me in the face when I undid the ties and it surprised me but didn't hurt.
I wouldn't have thought that would have made too much impact on him, try not to worry yourself but if you do notice any changes in movement call the midwife x

harleysmammy Thu 09-Feb-17 18:21:22

Yeah im negative too, i had the injection 12 weeks ago because we had a bump in the car but i have my 29 week injection on tuesday. I havent even got my midwife's number, she's only ever given me the number for the phone in the office, i'll have a cold drink i think x

harleysmammy Thu 09-Feb-17 18:22:06

Yes thats what i was putting together, i think im just over thinking jt haha x

MTMFH Thu 09-Feb-17 18:23:46

When I was around 26 weeks, a man came round the corner at work and smashed straight into my bump. I was really worried and upset afterwards so I phoned the maternity unit and they checked me over, everything was absolutely fine and they told me babies are really well protected in there. The amniotic fluid is a great shock absorber so I'm sure baby won't have even noticed, but if you're really concerned, ring your midwife or maternity unit for peace of mind.

ExpectoPatronummmm Thu 09-Feb-17 18:25:02

My friend faceplanted the pavement at 33 weeks, bump first. Had a scan and no injury or anything.

Wolfiefan Thu 09-Feb-17 18:27:25

I fell on my bump at 20 something weeks. Proper fell out the back door whilst holding washing basket and bump hit floor.
I went in for anti d and they had a listen. All fine.
I really wouldn't think a foam pole would do any harm (think of all the mums lifting toddlers and getting a heel to the bump!) Babies are well cushioned in there BUT if you are concerned do call for advice. No one will mind reassuring you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now