Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Suddenly want OH close by all the time -- normal?

(5 Posts)
TheNewMrsGeraldButler Thu 09-Feb-17 15:45:51

I'm 38+1. First baby for us both. All of a sudden in the last few days, I've started feeling very needy. As in, I just want OH constantly close by. Not normally like this and its not like OH is one for going out constantly. I'm usually happy in my own company etc and have been keeping myself busy seeing family/friends. Ok, we've had a busy few weeks with moving and he's been tied up slightly longer than envisioned with painting/cleaning his previous apartment to rent out but even when he does leave the house, it's not far -- the apartment is 10 minutes from our new house, and his work commute is approx 25 minutes away. I feel silly for being this because I know that, logically, he's just a phone call away and will drop everything when the baby is on its way. I've got a good support network around me -- even if I can't get a hold of him, my dad is working locally at the moment and could take me to hospital if needed (he's self employed) so it's not like I'm totally alone. I could even rely on my cousin to take me if needed. I just very suddenly want OH close by at all times and feel almost abandoned when he leaves the house, even for work.

Is it hormone related because labour feels imminent (baby has dropped, engaged, etc)? Did anyone else feel like this? Or am I just suddenly crazy? grin

AuntiePenguin Thu 09-Feb-17 15:55:41

Totally normal! In late pregnancy I tell DH he has to just be with me ALL.THE.TIME.

In fact I will only let him leave if one of my parents or siblings is with me instead.

Must be a weird hormonal thing.

birdling Thu 09-Feb-17 17:13:48

In my first pregnancy, from about the same stage, I went to all of my dh's appointments with him and sat in the car! Hardly wanted to let h out of my sight grin

AuntiePenguin Thu 09-Feb-17 19:02:15

Hah, yes DH had a really important work meeting when I was 39 weeks (he'd mainly been able to work from home leading up to that) so I went with him and we pretended I was his assistant smile cos I just couldn't agree to being by myself!

TheNewMrsGeraldButler Thu 09-Feb-17 22:23:23

Haha, loving these and glad I'm not just going crazy! I feel almost vulnerable when he goes out which seems to silly but am putting it down to hormones that because labour is hopefully soon, I just want him in close proximity.

Tomorrow's not going to be fun -- he leaves for work at 8am then going to his parents overnight until lunch time Saturday. They live an hour and a half away and it's to drop off birthday presents for his mum. To be fair, he keeps asking if it's okay to go and I have 4-5 contact numbers for him if needed, and he'd leave at 3am if I went into labour. Thankfully my parents live 5 minutes away so shouldn't be a problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now