Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Chapel of rest while pregnant?

(9 Posts)
Sammy592 Thu 09-Feb-17 11:22:26

Hey just wondered if anyone has ever been to the chapel of rest while pregnant ? I'm 29 weeks now. I lost my nan and I'm not 100% sure of its going to be to stressful for the baby ?

kilmuir Thu 09-Feb-17 11:23:29

I would go.
Will be upsetting, but you may get some comfort from saying goodbye to your Nan

specialsubject Thu 09-Feb-17 11:25:24

Sorry for for loss.

If you think it would help you, go. If you would rather remember her as she was, don't.

It won't make a difference to the baby.

Sammy592 Thu 09-Feb-17 16:47:14

Thank you for your replies went in today and am so glad I did. smile

JessieMillz25 Thu 09-Feb-17 17:06:23

Sammy I'm 29 weeks as well and lost my nanny yesterday. Strange but very sad coincidence. Sending you strength flowers

Frazzle76 Thu 09-Feb-17 17:23:42

Sending you love and hugs sammy.
I'm so glad that you went and found it an ok experience.
I lost my mum a month ago today - I went to see her at the chapel of rest and bawled my eyes out (and at the funeral too,) I've been really worried about what all the stress has been doing to baby but a friend of mine whose an Obs Reg said to remember that babies are born in war zones and they will be fine in there. Every time I start stressing I just remember that!! Xx

PotteringAlong Thu 09-Feb-17 17:27:07

Your baby won't know where it is.

Sammy592 Thu 09-Feb-17 17:35:54

Thank you guys it must of been hard with your mum's funeral I'm so sorry to hear you went through that. As for the war baby's yes I totally get that makes sense. Il definitely remember that when I worry. Stay strong ladies!! Yh very strange same stage in pregnancy and losing our grans. Sorry also for your loss. Hugs to all! Us women go through so much and still carry on ! Keep going girls!.. smile flowers

BertieBotts Thu 09-Feb-17 17:39:24

I went to a funeral while quite visibly pregnant. People seemed to get comfort from it in a kind of circle of life way. It was a sad event of course but you'd be grieving either way. I'm glad that you found it helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now