Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

telling my mum

(4 Posts)
Bubblesquirt Wed 08-Feb-17 21:09:06

so i am 25 married for 3 years and have a 4 year old boy, we were trying before christmas but then thought wasnt the best time so stopped tryin, but i must of forgot to take the pill regularly. my partner works full time and i work part time, we cant afford childcare hence why i work part time. we only claim child benefit. so we havent been as well off as we have been in the past just scrapping by. so i know its not the best time to fall pregnant but we found out we were last night and told my mum tonught who was just gone mental down the phone "are you fukin stupid?, why now, you cant even live now, theres no need for it, i dont know what you want me to say" surely this was a bit uncalled for. yes we both know its going to be hard and yes we both do need better jobs but we know that and dont ask anyone for help. am i right to be annoyed, just a little bit of reassurance would of been nice or is she right?

ExpectoPatronummmm Wed 08-Feb-17 21:14:12

I'm sure it's just the shock and she will come round once it's settled in.
With two kids you'll be entitled to more benefits. Also you can buy all your baby stuff cheaper on eBay/ Amazon/ Facebook selling pages etc. You'll be reet smile

fabulous01 Wed 08-Feb-17 21:16:32

When my sister announced her pregnancy my mum said... I like you lipstick! It was a mixed relationship in terms of religions at a time when religions didn't mix. My nephew is now 25.
Reactions may be a surprise so don't let it impact on long term relationships.

Bubblesquirt Wed 08-Feb-17 21:20:58

thankyou trying to finish my level 3 off that gets signed of tomorrow but sat here crying.
i know things will work out but totally taken back by how she and my sister was..
thankyou for the reassurance
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now