Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So confused!

(16 Posts)
Lumosnox16 Wed 08-Feb-17 19:32:07

Hi guys I'm new to this hope my question doesn't sound silly. I'm 23 and have had 3 misscariages in the past 18 months. I've been referred to fertility but was advised if I fell pregnant before that to go straight for early scan. I got 2 positive tests about 12 days ago so went for the early scan. They said they couldn't see anything. They did a normal pregnancy test at about 5pm and was negative. So they said to assume early loss or, that I may be too early too see.. So I've been thinking I've had another misscariage until tonight. I keep getting a pain in my side and feeling sluggish. Took a test about an our ago and within 30 secs to a minute it was an obvious line. I'm so confused? Does this mean I am pregnant and they just couldn't see cos I was early? Plus it's unusual to get a full on positive at night time is that right? Can anyone help!? Xx

Lumosnox16 Wed 08-Feb-17 19:33:32

Also the positive I got tonight was more define than any of the tests I've did before. X

GinIsIn Wed 08-Feb-17 19:35:17

Where is the pain in your side? Did they check at the scan for ectopic?

Lumosnox16 Wed 08-Feb-17 19:45:45

It's my left side. I started bleeding on the day I had the scan aswell. Which was a week ago now. They never checked for ectopic. However, even though I've had a bleed my test has a more solid pink line than it did before I bled. Could that mean I'm just going to have a period will pregnant?

Ilovecaindingle Wed 08-Feb-17 19:47:21

Was it an internal scan because it's normal to have some spotting afterwards. .?

Lumosnox16 Wed 08-Feb-17 20:23:02

Ilovecaindingle, no the doctor only did a normal scan.

Lumosnox16 Thu 09-Feb-17 12:23:45

Just an update. I did another test about 10.30am today and it was a dark positive within seconds. Hospital have booked me in for another scan tomorrow to see what's going on.

JJ1612 Thu 09-Feb-17 12:43:09

It's quite hard to tell if there's anything there on a normal scan if you are quite early on in pregnancy. An internal scan will be able to tell more. I had a similar situation and had to have an internal scan at 7 weeks to rule out ectopic pregnancy and was told that it was too early to see anything on a normal scan

Lumosnox16 Thu 09-Feb-17 12:54:02

Ok. I'll just have to wait and see tomorrow then. They mentioned doing an internal last week but they didn't. Hoping they will do one tomorrow. Thanks for the advice. Just really worried!

mangotango15 Thu 09-Feb-17 13:13:05

Hi Lumo. Hope everything goes ok tomorrow.

I had a pain in my left hand side on and off for a few weeks. It wasn't too bad but I was aware of it.

Had my scan last week and sonographer noticed that I had a cyst on my left ovary. She said it was benign and can happen with the increased hormones in pregnancy.

She said it's likely to sort itself out and shouldn't give me too much bother.

Good luck for your scan tomorrow

Lumosnox16 Thu 09-Feb-17 13:53:58

Hi mango. Thanks for the support. Glad everything is OK for you and congratulations! Yeah the pain is there it's not too bad but like you say I'm aware of it. They didn't say too much on the phone they just kept putting me on hold and told me I have to go tomorrow. I will post my results thanks for the help! X

Lumosnox16 Fri 10-Feb-17 17:36:36

I had my scan today and confirmed I'm pregnant! They did say it's still early. Measurements showing about 5 weeks. To go back in 2 weeks and said I should be able to see baby better. Or blob as I call it.

RememberToSmile1980 Fri 10-Feb-17 17:38:28

Glad it went well for you! Best of luck with your pregnancy x

Jellybabie3 Fri 10-Feb-17 17:47:51

Great news, yay for you an blob 😀

Lumosnox16 Fri 10-Feb-17 18:02:59

Thankyou all ☺ 4th time lucky!!

mummabubs Fri 10-Feb-17 18:51:53

Congratulations!! smile Fingers crossed that everything continues smoothly. Just to touch on your earlier comment about evening testing not giving strong lines- I took a test on the day my period was due (first wee in the morning), negative. Then another test 48 hours later when still no AF, again first pee and again negative. Then did another test 2 days later at 10pm at night after drinking a lot of fluids throughout the day and a whopping positive in less than a minute... took me by surprise!!! I'm 6w+3 now and just hoping all goes ok, it's a horrible wait in the first trimester isn't it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now