Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sickness suddenly going at 8 weeks?

(5 Posts)
EdenX Wed 08-Feb-17 13:19:14

Weeks 6 and 7 I had really severe morning sickness. I'm now 8+5 and in the last 2 or 3 days it has eased off entirely - I now feel slightly nauseous morning and evening but that's it. With previous pregnancies it didn't ease until 12-14 weeks so I'm feeling a bit concerned. Anyone else had this kind of abrupt early change in sickness?

plimsolls Wed 08-Feb-17 13:23:31

I remember I did at about 9 weeks. I researched at the time and discovered that's when the placenta starts doing more and for some reason, that leads to a masking of the hormones (?!) or whatever they are that cause the sickness. Sorry I can't remember the actual biology behind it but its totally normal.

I also remember discovering around the same time that levels of sickness have no bearing on how well the pregnancy is progressing. I'm saying this to you as I suspect you - like me- were using nausea as a kind of barometer of whether everything was ok. I used to panic every time I felt "normal" in case it meant I'd had a missed miscarriage. Apparently there's no biological basis to that. I found that helpful to know and it meant I could try and "enjoy" the times where I didn't feel horribly nauseous.

EdenX Wed 08-Feb-17 13:36:12

Yes, have consoled myself in the past that sickness is a "good sign" so am a bit concerned that it ending is a bad sign. I also need a blood test as I was exposed to parvo/slapped cheek so am putting 2 and 2 together...

SelfObsessionHoney Wed 08-Feb-17 13:40:49

My morning sickness switched off overnight. One day I was puking and constant nausea and then the next day I was totally fine. Completely bizarre. It totally freaked me out, I decided that the worst had happened but I'm 18+5 now and alls well. Fingers crossed x

plimsolls Wed 08-Feb-17 13:48:03

Good luck with the parvovirus blood test. I had the same exposure when I was 7 weeks and I was really upset about it. (It's a good argument for letting people know you're pregnant early on! It was only that I'd blurted out the news to a friend that she even thought to tell me when her daughter developed slapped cheek the next day)

Anyway, I had the blood test and turns out I'd already had immunity and GP said that apparently most people do so I hope it's the same for you.

Good luck though flowers your post has bought back lots of early pregnancy memories. It was so anxiety provoking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now