Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sea bands work for your nausea?

(15 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Wed 08-Feb-17 08:49:50

Just curious whether i should invest

qazxc Wed 08-Feb-17 08:53:12

They didn't get rid of it but I did feel worse when I didn't have them on. Not sure if it was actually working or the placebo effect.
You have my sympathies the first trimester was the worst for me.

kathrynelizabeth3005 Wed 08-Feb-17 09:01:26

I bought some cheap travel sickness bands from boots and wore them religiously in the first 14 weeks! The help might have been placebo and psychological but they're worth a try 😃

MinnieNoush Wed 08-Feb-17 10:10:21

They didn't do anything for me i'm afraid. Annoyingly the only thing that helped my nausea was eating! ( :

Bloopbleep Wed 08-Feb-17 10:22:05

They took the edge off as I did notice it more when I didn't wear them. I also had to take stemitil tho and was still sick as a dog

Blueskyrain Wed 08-Feb-17 10:25:28

Who knows, but when desperate it's worth trying anything. I don't know if mind helped but I wasn't going take them off to find out.

Lunalovepud Wed 08-Feb-17 10:34:33

I'm not sure if they physical helped but I did feel a bit better. Placebo or not, I'll take that! Wear long tops though if you are still at the stage of not telling - I got rumbled by experienced mamas when wearing mine. wink

Ookmybanana Wed 08-Feb-17 11:05:06

I found they helped me particularly as I have quite a long train commute which was making me feel a million percent worse. As others have said, it my well have been placebo but I was feeling better so I was taking that!

Hollyhop17 Wed 08-Feb-17 11:12:49

They didn't help me, but I definitely think its worth a try as it seems to help others. Good luck.

McBaby Wed 08-Feb-17 11:18:52

They must of helped as as soon as I tried took them off for a shower I was sick. But they didn't stop the sickness or neusea as I was still sick 10 times a day!

LoobyLou0226 Wed 08-Feb-17 12:30:02

I swear by mine, if I take then off I start feeling sick again so wear them constantly definitely worth a try

kitkatchunkymonkey Wed 08-Feb-17 12:56:24

I tried. Nothing worked except proper medication for me!

CryingShame Wed 08-Feb-17 12:59:46

no they didn't work for me. My travel sickness got worse during and since pregnancy (thanks DS). Did nothing for that either.

and try to resist the urge to thump "helpful" people who suggest ginger biscuits. You'll get loads of them. They don't help either - the biscuits or the people.

Jellybabie3 Wed 08-Feb-17 13:05:56

Oh i know cryingshame the midwife said it to me yesterday too.....angry and I DONT LIKE GINGER not before preg and not now!!!! I asked her what to drink as atm i can only stomach water and oj and she smiled and said 'poor you'.... Helpful

qazxc Thu 09-Feb-17 09:47:29

Ginger biscuits are even worse coming back up and do not help with nausea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now